maximum possible power out of 02 engine??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

There are NUMEROUS ways to make massive power from the M10 in an 02.. Huge compression (12.5:1) long duration cam (320 degrees), twin 45 DCOE's an overbore and some port heavy work gets you close...

Or A turbocharged and injected setup.. and theres also some supercharger setups in the works... I can also attest to the m20 swap making big power with ease.. and the s14 can be made to produce above such power levels.. It all depends on money and time. I'm going to go s14.. I'll post as much as I can about the swap when I do go that route

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

F1 power I think: power: 1K hsp, Heidegger F2 twin cam engine that won class in 1975 LeMans(2002) rated 280 HSP. Korman stage 3 carb'd engines w/ enough $$ and tweak reach 200 HSP easily. Purist with enough money can make a M10 engine produce a lot of power.Alpina , Schnitzer, and Schrick all did amazing stuff with M10 base too. Slide throttle injection may be the biggest power you can get through mechanical FI: I think those engines were rated over 200 hsp. ///

Guest Anonymous

about my turbo. He told me he was racing them with mods and running up to 325 hp. That car is pictured in the Resto guide

Guest Anonymous

I won't act like I know all of the details, but that is the "gist" of what is different. Alpina made a slide throttle injection that looks similar to the multithrottle body injection you know already. The internals are different. I have been told that slide throttle isn't great for anything but real racing - supposedly they do not idle well due to the design, they are only really optimized at full throttle (when the throats are almost totally OPEN, unlike the butterfly where they always have the shaft and butterfly in the way of the airflow).

All of this info was gained by me through the boards and independent reading - caveat emptor!

:^)

Jason

Guest Anonymous

I saw an Imola dual overhead cam set up with

slide throttles on an M10 block. The injectors were

upstream of the slide throttles! So, idling was dicy

at best.

Ethan

Guest Anonymous

I think the motors that push 200hp or more without turbo/superchargers are very exotic.

They run:

high compression (13:1)

Long duration cams (320 degrees or more)

dry sump lubricaion

forged machined pistons

killer blueprinting/balance job

cylinder head work by someone who knows

Special super everything else

The power characteristics are likely to be very very peaky (think power from 6.5-8k), probably undriveable below 3000rpm, won't idle, won't run on pump gas etc.

You know the saying:

"Speed costs money. How fast you wanna go?"

Enjoy yourself,

Jonathan T.

Guest Anonymous

Just pack some C4 plastic explosives into the cylinders and reassemble. You'll only get one combustion out of it, but man what a push! Of course, you'll need to upgrade various parts of the driveline and the shell. A heavier firewall is recommended, as well as a roll cage.

Mike