Sign in to follow this  
jhenard

Local Vendor/Service Provider recommendations

4 posts / 3805 viewsLast Reply

I wanted to start a thread where we could recommend local providers that we have dealt with versus bombing the full board. Here are my two:

Sims Radiator (Chamblee location) definitely recommended

- Previously had them boil and seal a Tii gas tank - did a good job

- Just got my radiator back (boiled out, pressure tested, fins straightened and painted all) for what seems very cheap. Did not expect the painting and fins work.

Security Lock & Safe in Marietta - recommended

- old school locksmith that spent time to test gas cap keys for me until we got the right one

John,

Seems like a great idea to me. I'm out in Athens, but in and out of Atlanta all the time. My '73 02 has been in "mothballs" for the last 5 years, so I haven't been doing much with repair shops lately.

A couple that come to mind are Bimmer South in Bogart just west of Athens who are dismantlers/parts recyclers. I bought a '71 car without an engine from them for $200, but I don't think they do a lot with 02s. There is also a guy on highway 53 south of Braselton that has a couple of acres of BMWs around his shop. I bought an 02 hood and some leather Recaro seats from him once for pretty cheap. Can't think of the name, but I'll stop one of these days and get the particulars.

Jim Daniels

I think that place is called Strickly German.

Chris M.

Here we go.. Strictly German has a treasure trove of vehicles that is constantly evolving (some are just becoming part of the environment). Bobby Thrash is the owner.

Jon P.: Did you ever look at those 700's?

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5331.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.