Rims on this car

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

vs72329.jpg

Does this car belong to anybody on the board? Or if anybody has a similar set up with 15"x6" Alpina/OZ rims with et12 I would appreciate some info. Specifically, I had heard that these rims could be made to fit with a combination of back shaving, lip rolling, and camber adjustments. I am interested to know how much shaving needs to be done and if there are any other tricks.

Thanks,

Arlen

Guest Anonymous

primalgrounds.jpg

Cars are identical except for:

My car has a short turno bumper rear, 74 grills and oil cooler cut out in front spoiler.

-both cars have scheel seats

As for my wheels I can tell you that they do fit and 6's are ideal, but be prepared for some slight rubbing under heavy high speed load even with custom valved bilsteins in green dot struts, alpina bars and eibach springs (with spacer intact). But rubbing is very slight. I still have to roll or shave my fenders.

As for shaving mm's off of the mounting flang of the wheel itself to change offset/backspace upon inspection it is not possible with vented brake set-up as clearance with caliper is tight.

Guest Anonymous

josh_weinstein.jpg

It looks like his old car and I know he shaved the wheels to get them to fit. ANd I've spoken to a few others with the same wheels and most have shaved them to get them to fit. One person left them "stock" but has coil overs with adjustable camber and has adjusted it way inward solely to get the wheels to fit.

I have Alpina 15x6 on my A4/tii (not Inka) and I shaved 6mm off the back to get them to fit, in addition to rolling the fenders (with paint chipping off to prove it!) and added some negative camber to the front. They seem to fit with a lowered suspension. They would not without the 6mm shaved off (on a lowered suspension).

I had the wheels on before lowering the car and shaving off the 6mm, and it "fit" but rubbed a little.

HTH

Joshua

Guest Anonymous

Hey,

Thanks for the reply on the wheels. Are you running 195/50/15 or larger? Do you think that the wheels will fit without the spacer?

Thanks again,

Arlen

Guest Anonymous

I have a set just like that on my '70 and can't decipher the markings on the back. Any tips or insights on figuring out the manufacturer? (a good pic of a real Alpina or OZ inside would be really helpful).

thanks - robin

Guest Anonymous

on the inboard side of one of the spokes it says "O.Z." and on the spoke next to it "MADE IN ITALY". In the hub area it has some markings and then "TYP 09-A" and "7JX15H2E12". I'm guessing they are OZ's. Can anyone verify this and are there any ideas as to what they are worth?

robin

Guest Anonymous

oz's came in 15 x7 and a rarer 15 x 8 all et12 offset which is a 320i offset. better made than alpinas. the ones from alpina are made by ronal and are very fragile. i have a very rarer alpina 3 piece racing wheels with magensium centers 13 x 8 front and 13 x 9 rear.