ansa exhaust

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

...at least that's my understanding. Frankly, I dunno if they can be repaired or not -- never heard of doing that to a muffler. I do know Ansa has a reputation for being cheap but only a good deal if you enjoy frequent exhaust work.

Sorry, that probably wasn't much help...

-Dave

Colorado '71, stock exhaust

Guest Anonymous

I am completely unfamiliar with the ansa. It came with the car.

I have worked with Supertrapp mufflers (a while back) and you could remove/replace the baffles to get exactly what you wanted. Pretty neat, but time consuming.

Guest Anonymous

If you're needing to replace the Ansa, a stock exhaust, while not cheap, should last far longer than most aftermarket systems. It's quiet and gives perfectly good breathing for all but really high-end setups, as I understand. Good luck! Exhaust work is lots of fun... :-/

-Dave

Colorado '71

Guest Anonymous

muffler is six or seven years old, sounds good, and has no leaks. 'Course this is in bone-dry southern AZ, so maybe the moist, salty climes have a problem with 'em. I've been satisifiesd with this one, but when it does come time to replace I'll probably install a stock unit.

Guest Anonymous

73 for at least 12 years and is doing fine. Had a problem with loose baffles in the center muffler when it was nearly new, and after a big arguement with Midas (they claimed it was a "pipe"--my response: "why does a "pipe" have internal baffles like a muffler") they replaced it. Replacement is nice and tight after 11 or so years...

And I'm waiting to do the "howdy, boys" when it does go.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I had a mineke (sp?) muffler on an old audi for many years. I just took it to them and said "slap one of your $20 mufflers on it". They didn;t want to, said it would ruin the engine output. It ran just fine.