WOT, for my Canadian comrades....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0059 resized.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

25 Signs Showing You Might be Canadian

1. You're not offended by the term "HOMO MILK".

2. You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

3. You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.

4. You drink Pop, not Soda.

5. You know what a Mickey and 2-4 mean

6. You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays, with good cigars and no Americans.

7. You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.

8. You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

9. You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

10. You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group.

11. You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

12. You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carey, Celine Dion & many more, are Canadians.

13. You know that the C.E.O. of American Airlines is a Canadian!

14. You know what a touque is.

15. You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

16. You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed" not "Zee"

17. Your local newspaper covers the national news on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.

18. You know that the four seasons mean: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road work.

19. You know that when it's 25 degrees outside, it's a warm day.

20. You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.

21. You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan".

(Sas-Kat-chew-wan)

22. You perk up when you hear the theme song from 'Hockey Night in Canada'.

23. You were in grade 12, not the 12th grade.

24. "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more polite than,"Huh?"

25. You actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all of your Canadian friends!!!! and then you send them to your American friends

just to confuse them...further (hehe)

Guest Anonymous

as an American who has been living in Canada for 3 years i have noticed a few more things that are uniquely Canadian.

"pardon me?" we americans would be saying "what did you say?"

asking for road directions in Canada....

Canadians would tell you directions by...go north on xxxxx....and then go west on.....xxxxx

sounds confusing to me. i would rather here it like this......left on xxxxxx.......right on xxxxx.

buying milk.....they have milk here in plastic bags. we have it in the us in 1 gallon jugs.

cigarettes come here in 25's in thin wide packs....

beer......canadians do drink them like water and they are stronger than ours 5% vs 3% alcohol content. and you buy them at THE BEER STORE.

pronounciation of some words.

again (a-gayne)

out (owwt) about (a-bowwt)

south (sowwt)

buying coffee at Timmy's ,short for TIM HORTON'S largest coffe chain in Canada(a famous canadian professional hockey player). Where I live there is a Tim Horton's every mile. Canadians like coffee and donuts a lot!

how they order their coffee.....

-regular (medium size one cream and one sugar)

-medium double-double (2 cream, 2 sugar)

yes they use the metric system here, but when you buy produce, fish, meat or poultry they advertize and sell them by the pound (lb), and when you buy lumber they use inches, feet and yards. what gives?

Guest Anonymous

My redemption came when we were at the Hooters in Vancouver. The waitress forgot to bring something and said she was "sorry". My wife thought I was the only one who said it that way!

However, I don't say aboot or ootside. But I do wear a tuke(we aint from Kbec here, no que on our words).

It's always fun to play "spot the Canadian" when they start talking, eh!

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0059 resized.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

You must be living in Ontario! I grew up in Burlington Ontario, but have been in Vancouver for 7 years. They don't sell 25 packs of cigarettes here, and I havn't seen bagged milk for 7 years. "The Beer Store"(god bless it), is also an Ontario thing. We buy beer in BC from the liquor store, or the private "cold beer and wine stores". I do miss the beer store though.

Burlington has more Timmy's per capita than anywhere else in the world. When I lived there, we had 17 of them, in a city of 140000 people! I was never far from my boston cream, and a large double double! Now that I live out west, I've given up coffee, because I refuse to drink that battery acid that they serve at Starpukes. Timmy's are few and far between out, and it just doesn't taste the same for some reason.

On a related note, I grew up down the street from Ron Joyce. He's the ex-Hamilton cop who founded Tim Horton's, with Tim Horton. Tim Horton is long dead now, but Ron is still the president.

I really can't explain why some vendor's still use lbs, inches, and feet. It doesn't make sense, but what are you gonna do?

Al

Guest Anonymous

Everyone thinks Starbucks was the pioneer in the field with a shop on every corner.

I always loved the Bob & Doug MacKenzie spot, "How come there is like 12 stools in the donut shop and only 2 parking places? What's up with that, eh?"

And don't get me started on old Molson Ex commercials!

Steve J

(spent 4 years across the river from Kingston & Gananoque)