Goodbye Y'all! *sniff!*

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, the time has come folks -

As of Monday I'll be full time twisting spanners on weird iron from England - and all the old BMWs I can get in.

I'll be working from my home over the next few months, on weekends and evenings helping to put together the Maximillian Importing on-line 2002 catalog, but will no longer be commuting to the office.

After the catalog work is done, I'll just be another grease monkey that likes old 02s.

I'll still pop my head up from time to time on the 'boards - afterall - you folks are among the reasons I DRIVE one of these old tubs!

THANK YOU for making the last few years a true BLAST!!!! After 11 years at Maximillian, it's just time to move on.

If you need any BMW repair work - I'll be at Raspi's British Imports in Baltimore from now on. I've started to convert the owner to the dark side (he and his family ALL drive E30s and E28s now....so I think I got him hooked!!!!) ....now if I can just get him to park his GT6 and get an 02....THAT would be an accomplishment!

The plus side - is that I'll be working in a veritable car museum - surrounded by 1920s Rolls Royces, Healeys, Minis, Triumphs, Morgans, Lotus, and even an odd ball (real) 427 Cobra...life is good, even if the money isn't as nice.

Thanks again Guys and Gals - It's been a fun, wonderful journey....but it's time to take a new path!

Truly all the Best to you all.

Paul Wegweiser

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I am contemplating a similar move, going to talk to a BMW machine/body/mechanical/race shop regarding sales and marketing.

Getting tired of the corporate BS!

Guess it's kinda like following your bliss, the road less traveled etc.

Congratulations!

Guest Anonymous

You've been an incredible asset to the 2002 community. Your detailed, step-by-step descriptions of repairs that you've posted here and elsewhere have helped me out so many times and given me the confidence to do almost everything on my car myself.

Hopefully, we'll still see you at 2002 events. You have to keep showing off Emily, you know!

Best of luck to you, Paul!

Matthew Cervi

Guest Anonymous

You've been a big help to me in my first year of ownership with just knowing what parts I'm talking about when I email. I hope you enjoy the wrenching!

-Dave

Colorado '71

Guest Anonymous

its still wrenchin! once in a while we get some decent stuff in here but mostly its MB garbage... bonus part is getting access to full shop to work on my own stuff at lunch and saturdays, etc. anyways see ya on the board!

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

That's one beauty of weblists, you can be anywhere in the world and still be in the community. Right Rob?

We still expect you to drop in from time to time. What other list gives you tips on rebuilding pedal boxes and then has silly photos in need of captions?

Thanks for all the help and parts direction for the 02s and E30s. Now I know who to contact when/if I get that vintage Jag from my father-in-law.

Guest Anonymous

Minis, E types, and MG TDs are cool and fun to drive as RHD cars....but an 02?.....no thanks, unless it's a free project fun car...then mayyyyyybe! *smirk*

There's just a natural order to some aspects of the universe....and RHD German cars upset the delicate and finite balance between order and CHAOS!

Paul

Guest Anonymous

Best of luck. Hope our paths cross once again. Enjoyed meeting you in SC (Feb. 2002). If ever I make it to Maryland, I will look you up. - Larry