Coil-over information needed

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Can someone direct me to companies that specialize in components for coil-over suspensions.

I would like to purchase shorter coils for the front struts so as to allow more room between the front strut and the front fender (in the wheel well). Right now the lower collar is down low enough on the strut that I'm not able to use a wheel on my car that will allow the use of an unmodified front fender (without a flare). Even if I were to raise the front an inch or so, the collar would still interfere with a tire mounted on an E30 alloy.

My other option is to change the front back to a standard 2002 front strut which will provide the necessary room within the front fender.

Larry

Guest Anonymous

..by Korman's shop in the early 80s, but it has had some additional modifications since then. I have only owned the car, a '73, since June of 2002. My goal is to eliminate the fender flares and use the E30 basketweave wheels with 195/60-14 tires. Thanks for the link.

Guest Anonymous

most of race shops will have them. It's a 2.5" spring. Just pick your hight and load. I am running 7" springs. (on the left)

steve

coilovers_difference.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Very nice. I spoke with the nice people at Ireland Engng. last night, so I think I can get correct springs for my car without any problem. Thanks to everyone for the help & advice.