Trunk finishes - again....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Unfortunately it looks like while trying to get what I am sure was thought to be a good idea (brushed on marine paint) out of the trunk I am going to end up stripping it completely. What a freggin mess! Anyway, I was looking for options for a good re-coat. I am leaning towards a tintable bed liner from SEM. You simply mix your paint color of choice with the bedliner and you have a tinted bed liner finish. I checked and it IS compatible with the paint I am using (dupont chroma system). Eastwood has a complete kit for $147 with a 10% off sale currently which includes the application gun. Any thoughts??

Guest Anonymous

spray body schutz (Chipgard is an American brand name) on the proper inner trunk panels (bulkhead, inner wheel arches, inner quarter panels) before painting, then paint with your color coat. A couple of spray cans or a pint of spray-on chip guard should do it--a lot cheaper than $147!

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I was just researching my options. I was thinking of the "bed liner" simply because it's pretty tough stuff and I wouldn't have to worry about throwing a jack and some extra tires in the truck for track days... The added benifit of it being tinted was cool too since it wouldn't show wear, scratches, etc nearly as bad as a painted surface. But then again, over $100 in savings could almost buy 1 slick!

Guest Anonymous

walmart has roll on truck bed liner for $35 gallon in black, don't recall the brand, but it's in the auto section and can go on with a loose mat roller.

Guest Anonymous

I'm having my interior floor sprayed with black bedliner next Tuesday. It's going to cost about $350. Add $150 for color match which I didn't want because my interior will be all black. I may do my trunk and in that case I would do the color match. I'm guessing it'll cost about $350-$400. FWIW-I've seen it done and it looks fantastic as well as being being durable of course.