Pics of local meet on 5/25

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Here are some pics of our latest meet, which was in Ponce this past Sunday, 5/25. There were a total of 12 '02's present and an additional four owners who did not bring their cars. we were joined by several other BMW's, mostly E30's.

p><p>Other interesting BMW

This E21 has M42 power under its hood.

laguanchae21.JPG

This Baur E30 is one of two here in the island

laguanchabaur.JPG

Well kept L7

laguanchaL7.JPG

Guest Anonymous

Do you all have a difficult time with rust on these cars, being tropical? If so, those cars represent a LOT of work. Way to go!

Guest Anonymous

Yes, we fight a constant battle against the dreaded rust here in the island. Puerto Rico being 100 miles by 35 miles in size, the farthest you can be from the salt water is, in theory, 17.5 miles!

On the plus side, our cars never suffer from the dreaded shock tower rust syndrome. We get our rust mainly in the outer body panels (as if that were any better).

I personally live about 1 1/2 miles from the ocean as the crow flies, and make it a point to at least hose down my vehicles on a weekly basis to remove the film that accumulates from the salt in the air.

As an example, my household appliances (fridge, washing machine) die from rust instead of from functional breakdown.

Another problem we have is traffic. We have a population density of over 1000 habitants and over 400 registered vehicles per square mile, so my most enjoyable drives are early Sunday mornings when the roads are empty and the temperature is cool.

However, 70 - 90 degrees year round helps a lot!

All the best,

Harry

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, Al!

The Burguntrot E30 next to it is Hansel, one of my E30's (I THINK it's mine,I pay for gas, repairs and maintenance and my son drives the hell out of it).

All the best,

Harry

Guest Anonymous

I have a couple of close friends from La Isla del Encanto, though they live stateside now. One from Mayaguez, the other from Vega Baja. Neither is into cars at all though.

Listenin to a little Gran Combo ... "Brujeria"