what is the thread size on the radiator drain plug, - I want

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

are senders usually near the top rather than bottom? I may be recoring soon and wondered about a sender hole added and the overflow tube on the right instead of left. comments? The overflow is so I can add an overflow tank, which doesn't fit easily on the left side, but adds a little cooling capacity. jenglandiii at yahoo dot com

Guest Anonymous

Hi Russell-

What about using the tii or 320i water neck. It has a second bung for a sending unit as I recall....

Not sure what you're up to, so....

Just a thought-

Adios

Kevin

Guest Anonymous

I had my radiator recored and at the same time added a drain cock instead of the drain bolt. That way I can attach a hose and drain neatly.

But, still, I couldn't tell you what the thread size is.

Guest Anonymous

lisafront.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/02s_online/links.html

just as its leaving the hot head. there was a thread about this earlier actually... by the time it gets to the bottom of the radiator it is much cooler than it was at the inlet at the top/exiting the head. I just replaced the stock idiot light sender with my autometer one... using a 320i 0r 318i neck would allow you to keep stock and add a second water temp gauge.

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

that is stock location for the temp sender plug. So, I guess BMW thought that location was accurate enough to trigger an aux fan. I have it in my Sahara, and the switch turns the aux fan on at 2/3.. right when I think it should. I also have a manual toggle in cockpit to use fan before 2/3 level is reached, or as back-up to auto switch.But, using 2002 temp sender location is also a good idea.///

Guest Anonymous

you'll have to find a sender unit (like from a VW Rabbit), cut the threaded fitting out of the radiator and solder it into yours...

Mike