Drain plug/disk things around anywhere?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

rusttrap.jpg

Im reffering to those 'rust trap' disks. Thats the one in the pic, passenger side front.

Yesterday I bought 35lbs of dry ice and started beating the hell out of the factory tarry sound mat with a BFH (BIG FVKIN HAMMER :)) and other usefull tools. It didnt quite get everything off, still had the tranny tunnel and rear seat area so I went back and got another load of ice and proceeded to beat the hell out of what i could again and got off some but still not as much as I expected..heat gun is in order now. However I DID find that one of my drain plugs is basically toast. Very very little rust on the floor, infact all ive found is around that one disk thats got a few holes in it and looks like crap. I dont kow if i want to try to repair the surrounding metal (not much 'cancer' on the actual floor) and put in another disk or cut it out and try to weld in a patch there, I'd rather not do that though. I also dont have a MIG welder, just OxyAcet.

So anyway, can they be found anywhere?

Guest Anonymous

...the subassembly breakdowns and the detail they provide in their catalog as to all that can be obtained either new, used or reconditioned is staggering. I think they'll be your best option. Good luck and best regards...

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga

Guest Anonymous

The 2002 floor's large drain plug is a cheap part, common with nearly all models from Z1 to E46.

Anyone who sells OE BMW parts (Dealer or others) can get 'em.

New p/n:

41 12 8 200 462 = 144 mm Floor Drain $3.93

Guest Anonymous

It says in my parts catalog thats got any imaginable '02 part in it that the part number is "41 12 5 676 192". However, I am not discounting what you said to be the correct part number as I did a google search and came across http://www.bmw-z1.com/z1/etk/en/24966_51_1774.html . In the diagram there (part #1) it lists both the part number I have in my binder and the one you suggested, but to the right of the 'old' number i've had it says "AE". Does this just mean its still the same part but has changed its number for some reason to the other?

Thanks a lot!

Guest Anonymous

BMW changed (superceeded) the part number in November 1994.

That's why in my post I used the key phrase "New p/n" ...;q)

It was probably a couple years ago last time I bought some, and the number I gave was current then.

It's remarkable that BMW could use the same floor plug across so many model types over such a length of time.