Vomit in car--how can I rid the smell?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anybody know of proven products to rid the smell of a five year old's puke in our cloth interior car. I know that a complete interior detail should do it, but what can I do on my own? Febreze hasn't done it so far.

TIA,

Chuck

(with head out the window as he drives)

Guest Anonymous

If its the back seat, you might be able to remove the affected part and take it somewhere to have it cleaned for less $$ than bringing the whole car.

I once pulled the rear seat out of my wife's car and took a hose and scrub brush to it to remove spilled yams and syrup. I then removed the water by squeezing, shop vac, and drying in the sun during the day, then in the garage with a fan on high at night.

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0059 resized.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

My girlfriend is an auto trimmer, and thats what she uses. Before she recovered my Recaros, they were stored in the top of a barn. LOTS of cat piss on them when I brought them down. The smell was horrid, and some people thought they would be garbage, including me! Anita was unfazed. She took them apart, ozonated them for 2 nights, and presto, better than new! Its the ONLY way to fully remove the smell. Any decent trim shop will have one, and only charge you a few bucks.

Al

Guest Anonymous

Heard them all guys...

Actually thanks for the input. I used a ton of Resolve and will completely pull out everything from the back seat, including childseats. I noticed that when my wife "cleaned it all up", she missed quite a few spots and all it takes is one or two little drops of yak to smell up the entire car. Thank goodness it wasn't my '02 or my daily driver.

Thanks again,

Chuck

• 2 years later...
Guest Anonymous

i have the same prob my 5 year old yacked all over my car last night i have cleaned with carpet cleaner and that didnt help at all someone told me viniger and water will help but that stinks to let me know if you have any ideas thx:)

Guest Anonymous

Keep scrubbing and leave the windows open. Fabreeze (sp?)is good for removing the smell. Been a long time since I had little kids, but it worked when my Doberman hurled in my 73tii.