Original '02 wheel options?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Was speaking to a fellow '02 friend today and we were discussing factory wheel options. He said that the 6Jx13 Campagnolo wheels I have on the turbo were an original factory option. What do ya'll know about that?

Guest Anonymous

I've seen Campys, Minilites, Borranis,etc shown in so many older photos of dealerships, etc, that I wouldn't be surprised.

Keep in mind also that back in the 70s - I imagine there were far fewer "Corporate controls" over what each individual dealership chose to offer or install on / for the cars they sold.

Probably the only way to establish that any item was a real "factory" option - produced exclusively, or directly for BMW - would be the presense of a BMW emblem on the part, or a photo of it in an actual accessory brochure. I have seen several vintage Alpina cars / advertisements with similar or identical Campy wheels as well FWIW. either way - they get HUGE points for "vintage chic" speed parts !

Have a great weekend Y'all!

Paul

Guest Anonymous

as a newbie o2'er the two guys who've most influenced me in my 02 purchasing and work both refer to you/max. on a regular basis. . . are you leaving MAx?

Guest Anonymous

I was completely "underwhelmed" by the Campy's. Have to say though that they have grown on me and I now think they are pretty damn cool. But they are only 13's and I think some 15 or 16 P-sports would be about right on the turbo. Decisions, decisions...For now they are fine but I want to try to find out, for sure, if they were factory optional.

Guest Anonymous

factory wheels were steel 5.5x13--look like squarelight wheels but 1/2 inch wider. Optional: 6jx13 "soup plate" alloys--look like squarelight factory alloys but 6 inch rims vs 5 inch rim width. What the dealer/buyer chose to install...limitless!

cheers

Mike