OT: Need advice for attending Goodwood

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone on the board from the UK? I need some travel advice. I am attending a wedding in Cambridge on July 12 and would love to get a train to the Goodwood Festival of Speed and back again on the 13th. Is this reasonable, or will I spend more time on the train than at the event?

Guest Anonymous

OK:

RAIL

From Cambridge you would get the train into London

(under an hour).

Tube (underground) over to "Victoria Station"

There are rail services from London Victoria to Chichester (the closest BR station to GoodWood)

The train from Victoria to Chichester is a 'stop at every village" jobbie - 1 and a half hours

You would then get a taxi cab from the station to Goodwood. If you Do decide the train route - look at booking on line if possible, and a while ahead to save pennies.

I'd also look into coach/bus services. Tourism UK would be able to point you in the right direction.

I'd guess a bus from central London to the festival would be cheaper - leaving you just having to hop on the train from Cambridge.

You could always look at a one day car hire too.

From Cambridge, you would avoid central London by the M25 orbital road, then take the A3 thro a picturesque route to the festival...

Hope these are userful pointers. Happy Hunting........