OT How long does it take to wreck a car...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I know of a girl that picked up a brand new Honda Civic, parked it outside the dealer parking lot and someone backed up into her hood - the car had 5 miles on the odometer!. Technically she was already driving an used car!

Yesterday someone picked up a Ford Bronco from the bodyshop (they had been t-boned, not their fault), they got hit again a block from the shop, less than a minute away!

I guess that's why there are 5 bodyshops in town!

Michael

Guest Anonymous

josh_weinstein.jpg

was crunched an hour and half after I picked the car up from the body shop -- which had just fixed the passenger door, of course. Took me a few months to even take the car to the shop again (I was sure it was jinxed). That was two years ago and beside my wife getting rearended (no damage other than scratched paint) while borrowing it, the car has been event-free.

Guest Anonymous

I was at a gas station in Aptos CA and there was a beautiful El Camino on the other side of the island from me. A fuel tanker truck pulled into the station and tried to go around the El Camino and squeeze between it and the building. Apparently the driver of the truck didn't see where the back of his trailer was and DROVE OVER THE TOP OF THE HOOD OF THE EL CAMINO!! Needless to say, everybody at the gas station started moving out of the area in a big hurry. The El Camino was a total loss, and it turns out that it was on the way home from the body shop where it had been completely restored. Oiy!

Guest Anonymous

Just a few days after the new cinnabar red paint. I'm STOPPED at the light, 2 cars back. Pedestrian is crossing the street in between cars and walks right into the fender and hood! I'm pissed and after yelling a few words, take off. Oh, I forgot I had that sheet metal in the trunk. It slides and dents the rear panel from the inside out!

But yes, the new paint was tainted and I was able to relax!

Guest Anonymous

I got my license this February... and the same day I did we had a horrible snowstorm. Long story short, I'm stuck at a friend's house in the snow and have to drive home in dad's old truck. I put it through a fence and into a ditch an hour and a half after i had gotten my license.

Matt

Guest Anonymous

so when she took her driving test (she was sixteen), she got really nervous when instructed to perform that manuever - so in the process she knocks out a fire hydrant! She got her license anyway that day, because technically the intructor wasn't supposed to make her do something illegal!

Guest Anonymous

Many years ago, in Vermont, i bought a chevy blazer 4x4 w/ 454 4 barrel, constant 4 wheel drive.The thing was a beast, ran great, but very rusty. We called it "road kill" because of its appearence and the spare tire and bracket mounted in front of grill. Anyway, i gave the seller the money, got the title, and went to pull out of the gas station where the truck had lived. As i pulled onto the highway, the tailgate fell off into the road. lol... lets see, ownership= 5 minutes, travel distance from sale= 20 feeti think that may be a record... so:I pulled back into the gas station, retrieved tailgate from the highway, and had the seller weld the freaking tailgate into position . I figured i had increased structural integrity and eliminated a potentially dangerous problem with a few weld points. All the guys at the station laughed about that for a long time...and so did I. P.S.: the guy who bought the truck from me put a bunch of time into cutting out rust, doing some body work, etc... made a silk-ish purse... so he went on his maiden voyage 4 wheeling in the woods and the truck blew the engine. He had forgotten to add oil after his oil "change" , he had just enough to get to the woods, then melt down. I was told he just took the tags, and left it there to decompose....///