Nevada72 vindicated-I'm not a total dumbass after all....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

...which is still subject to debate I'm sure, but I was happy to find out that even the pro working on my car is befuddled by the running problems. With the Pertronix in it backfires and is very low on power. He is going back to square one and installing new points to see if we can get some baseline performance back. Should that be the case we both think that the unlikely has occurred-the Pertronix is the wrong one or bad. Before anyone wonders if he knows what he is doing, he has been working on 02s since they were first introduced and is considered a K-fish "guru"(not my words-I hate this term) in this area. Hopefully it will be up and running this afternoon.

Guest Anonymous

Which pertronix model do you have? It should say on the box. Your 008 distributor doesn't have a vacumn cannister on it, does it? There are two bosch 02 distributors that end in 008; one mech advance for the the early tiis and the other is a vac retard distributor for 72-74 US cars. (I might be mistaken on the years of the vac retard)

Thanks,

72 tundra tii

72 agave 2002

-Jaycen PNW2002

72 tundra tii

72 agave 2002

Guest Anonymous

Probably 1847 which is correct for a tii 008. I was kind of having similar problems with my vac retard 008 dist which uses a different pertronix unit. Thought it might be something perculiar to that distributor but you have a different one.

I may try points, just to see if perhaps my Pertronix is part of the problem with the way my car is running

Thanks,

-Jaycen