any recommendations for sunroof deflectors ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I dont want to wait for a sunny day to crack it open. My concerns are that it attaches without any modifications to the existing sunroof equipment.

Guest Anonymous

82 11 9 401 144, $45 from Bimmer Parts Co. Fits with 2 "hooks" that grab the seam of the opening and attach acrylic deflector with bolt and plastic thumbscrew.

Guest Anonymous

...(not from Bimmer Parts) that requires no drilling. Easy to remove for cleaning or car shows if you like.

I didn't like it at first, aesthetically, anyway. But without it, the wind buffets you around "like a pea in a whistle." It proved very helpful on my trip to O'Fest last summer when I had to run the heater to keep things cool while driving 1,250 miles westward across Nebraska in 100 degree heat. My return trip was aided by a new triple core radiator from Curt Ingraham's Silicon Garage (shameless plug).

It's great in cool weather and even in light rain.

Cheers!

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

Guest Anonymous

It's from a 70's vintage 911--perfect fit on an '02 but the parts new are very expensive. Try to find in a junkyard. I've seen one '76 02 with the same rig, probably factory but it's not in the parts book. Main drawback--less buffeting with the deflector, but more wind noise...

Cheers

Mike