Michigan Spotting

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Offwhite o2 tii in Harison township on jefferson?

Just wondering if its anyone on here I have seen it often in town.

John

Guest Anonymous

is either names Mike or John....

I think that's the Sahara that I seen two weeks ago at Telegraph and 11 Mile.....

The next time you see him, put something on his windshield, or try to flag him down.....We have to get all of us together....It seems like we are growing as a chapter......

We already have:

Mike Kotwick

Michael Schaak (me)

John Aho

Tim Smith

John Alexander

Keith

We must organize something.

Cheers

02MonsterMike

Guest Anonymous

do you want the trim still on the hood or will you be

using new? just wondering how absolutely careful

i should be! -Reid

Guest Anonymous

Speaking of which,

It would be nice if a calling card or such was created to alert hitherto unaffiliated '02 pilots about the board as well as the local '02 community should they be so inclined. I've seen a white '02 parked outside a private residence in Harrison Township within the past two years - I'm going to guess it's the same car John witnessed. On Indian Lake Road somewhere northwest of Rochester there is a private residence with a pair of '02's - one squarelight as well as another that is covered up and presumably a roundlight. Another unaffiliated soul! Certainly count me in!

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga monoposto (no interior beyond a driver's seat at present)

Shelby Township, MI. (strip mall hell)

Guest Anonymous

I'll not reveal full names, but other cars that I know of are as follows:

'74 Malaga tii - Sterling Heights, MI concours restoration.

'76 Chamonix - probable gift to high school-age young woman somewhere in Bloomfield Hills.

'76 Inka - bears 'LAST 02' Michigan plate - Rochester area

'73 Fjord Blue - Had been languishing away outside a private residence within a mile of Erhard BMW - car vanished a few months ago - who has it?

'74 Chamonix tii - Professor at Wayne State

'74ish Black with green pinstriping! (let the Schwarz be with you!) owned by the fellow that I think was heading up the BMWCCA Motor City Chapter - they've had a change of personnel so no telling if he can be reached.

'66-'76 Mike V.... L.... near Pontiac, MI. - rumored to have multiple cars.

...and anyone else I've overlooked.

Mike K.

Guest Anonymous

where to find them....I have them stored on my other work computer.....I'll email the file to you and you can simply print it off and cut them to size.....

Sahara is almost all gone.....engine and drivetrain is the last to go......what a PITA

Talk to you later.

02MonsterMike

Guest Anonymous

74 Turbo, in Ann Arbor, MI...cool body work

two 02s ..one Golf in Brighton.....Ford guy

Green machine 74 -02 near Royal Oak....new kid on the block

ITB 73tii racecar...neglected in Auburn Hills, MI

there should be more, but I can't remember what Todd has.

02MonsterMike

Guest Anonymous

I just recently bought a 76 '02 for use as my DAILY DRIVER ! ... and I live in Farmington Hills.

It would be great to meet you all. One way we could do it is to go to the monday night cruise in downtown Farmington. It is an event put on by the city throughout the summer. I believe it is held in the big parking lot behind the library and police station. (Farmington Rd. and Grand River) I'll check on times and post back to this thread...

-E

Guest Anonymous

Mike S. spied someone at this intersection a little while ago - was it you? Reveal the color of your car (please!)if you might. Farmington location is familiar to me, I know the library, although a Monday evening might be a little harder because of work - Teen Librarian scheduled to recieve the unkemp monsters in the early P.M. into the evening. Welcome to the community!

Mike K.

Shelby Township.

Guest Anonymous

My car is painted a light metalic blue. I think I might have seen the off white '02 you guys are talking about in front of a muffler shop in Walled Lake...

Guest Anonymous

I've got 4 right now...

'72 Golf parts car (daily driver in college)

'74 Agave parts car (good motor for...)

'76 Verona (overall good shape- getting Agave's motor)

'73 Inka Tii (overall good- moth balled right now)

I also have the option on a friend's car which is at my dad's house in Ohio...it's a '69 stripped down to bare metal...I dunno

There's a really nice Schwarz squarelight that is owned by an engineer who works in dearborn (not at ford!)

Three and one year old and putting the finishing touches on the shop keep progress at a snails pace.

Guest Anonymous

had to do some bulldozer repair work! We're building a mountain to block out 23 and to sled ride down in the winter :)