jgerock

2002ti wannabe project begins

1,075 posts / 200555 viewsLast Reply

Car looks really solid, esp the wells. Drivers side frame rail looks like it suffered under a leaky brake master cylinder.

Car looks really solid, esp the wells. Drivers side frame rail looks like it suffered under a leaky brake master cylinder.

Looks like surface rust - thank goodness. The car appears to have had the clutch master cylinder replaced - probably when the clutch and transmission were replaced I'm thinking around 92/93.

Are you still coming to Vintage? I'm trying to remember if you sold your BBS wheels from the tii or are they going to be used on the M2.

Thanks again to SteveJ, here are two neat illustrations of the emissions components in the Owner's Guide (US-version) from 1970:

Emissionsdiagram.jpg

Originalexhaustmanifold.jpg

All of this stuff was still installed in the '69. The air pump is indeed made by GM. I will clean everything up and offer it to anyone who needs it. I don't have a swimming pool nearby to satisfy CD's prescription (but I do have a run-off pond behind my house!).

IMG_7047.jpg

So when you remove the air (smog) pump mount, the dipstick base goes along with it.

IMG_7246.jpg

Is there a different plate that bolts on to secure the dipstick without the air pump mount? Should I just cut off the air pump mount?

IMG_7231.jpg

Are you still coming to Vintage? I'm trying to remember if you sold your BBS wheels from the tii or are they going to be used on the M2.

Working on it, possible conflict with my son's bday party. He will take it personally if I'm not there.

The BBS RM did sell to a FAQer. I have a set of RS which may or may not end up on the M2.

I just cut mine off of my NK, but if you want to keep everything for someone else to use you might look for one off of a non smogged car.

Working on it, possible conflict with my son's bday party. He will take it personally if I'm not there.

The BBS RM did sell to a FAQer. I have a set of RS which may or may not end up on the M2.

Bring him down to NC! Father/son road trip might be great and depending on how old he is - the Spaten Girls are another incentive to attend the show.

I just cut mine off of my NK, but if you want to keep everything for someone else to use you might look for one off of a non smogged car.

Thanks Martin >>> I'll look at RealOEM for the correct plate. Until I remove the oil pan and pistons/rods, this block may not be salvagable. Pistons # 1 and 4 are still seized. The CL ad should have been re-worded to say "ran until parked".

Hey, great thread! You work quick!

Subscribed!

Cheers,

Ray

Your not looking to sell that second ansa by any chance are ya?

Possibly.. are you coming to the Vintage at the end of this month.. If so. free delivery. Send me an e-mail using the button next to my name ^^^.