• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002ti wannabe project begins

jgerock

lol....a comment was made early on my M2 thread, "don't spare us the details of the disection of Barney!". you are clearly sparing no details of the disection of Oscar! nice heater box info. that is about the only thing i have not touched on my car....

I steered away for the injector cleaning and added some car pics during the Nashville trip, but for the most part kept to Oscar. I need to keep the posting titles different based on what I'm doing - maybe this will help with future searches.

To me, I like seeing the details of a project build. Others just want highlights.

Heater boxes for early and later cars are pretty much the same other than the controls, heater valve and core tube connections.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I remember going to an estate sale with Marshall one Saturday morning last year. The deceased homeowner was a tool hoarder with many tools that were duplicated and spread all over the house, basement and garage. I selected some hand tools like a long 1/4" drive extension, swivel screwdriver handled extension, some brake tools and a neat set of hose pliers. While wandering around in the basement, I noticed a nice bench grinder and stand that was marked (I think) less than $ 40.00. I walked around and pondered whether I should buy it and finally decided to pass on it. Bad mistake on my part.

Will look at the ones at the local Harbor Freight store soon. Need one with a stand as I don't think the county folks would like me bolting it to the lid of the roller trash can (aka my workbench).

Jim Gerock

When you have a hammer...

everything looks like a nail!

;-)

Ray

bench grinders are wonderful things. it is a rare day in the shop that i don't use mine at least once...

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe you were searching for one of these.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,375917/

When I saw it it reminded me you were looking for ti emblem.

Thanks for the lead. I already have a new rear emblem and recently received a front one.

Jim

Jim Gerock

Guest Anonymous

Hi

I have a used Golde handle part no 100 416 601 in fair to good condition for sale if you are interested.

charles.oldroyd@virgin.net

Moved to the back of the car today. Unplugged all the wiring, removed the trim, lights, bumper, then partially took apart the tii rear trailing arms.

IMG_7866.jpg

Removing the rear bumper revealed the plug I need to use for the European style license plate lights.

IMG_7863.jpg

There are (2) plugged holes in the rear bulkhead (behind the rear seat). What are they for?

IMG_7858.jpg

Double bumper

IMG_7864.jpg

Jim Gerock

it should be interesting getting those rear axle nuts undone without the trailing arm being attached to a car for leverage.....

Didn't you have a spare rear subframe - or did we scrap it???

Jim Gerock

Progress! I wanted to have the 1600 driveable this weekend, but Blunt was slow with the front hard brake lines delivery (let's see if he's reading this thread). The LF flex line was where the leak was. So now we have new calipers and rotors, and I feel I better re-grease the front bearings after seeing Marshall's.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.