• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Florida 02 Registry

Koblenz

Another Miami 2002 here, '75 in Inka.  Picture is of the car when I bought it, since then I have deleted the front bumper and replaced the steering wheel with a nice wood Momo.  Next on the list is some period seats (if anyone local has a set - I'm interested!) and chasing down the low oil pressure when warm.  Once that is sorted she will be a great little runner!

post-49350-0-65051000-1449076273_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Have just relocated to Vero Beach from San Diego, CA. Brought my '73 Tii with me. Have owned it for almost 20 years now. It appears as if the last post on this thread was close to 2 years ago, which makes me think we 2002 owners are pretty spread out in the Sunshine State, hence not close enough to support a cohesive group. Hope someone will convince me that's incorrect.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'll start checking out local events and yes, the BMWCCA Roundel magazine will no doubt help in identifying them. Might be able to use some of that saved tax money towards a new subscription.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on FAQ for several years, can't believe I never noticed the Florida registry, although I have met quite a few members already through Facebook, etc, and in person.  My '02 is a real deal Alpina-built 1971 2002 that I have owned since 1982.  Found it in Hialeah when I lived in South Florida. It was in sad shape.  Bodywork and paint in the '80s, continuous freshening and upgrades since.  Most recently the seats were re-covered in replica Alpina fabric. I'm in Jacksonville.

Alpina_med.jpg

Edited by skyking96w

1971 Alpina 2002

=00=

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brian from Palm Harbor which is near Tampa.  Have owned several 2002s.  My blue '74 car has been with me since the late 1980s.   Have one recent acquisition which is a black '76 with an S14.   Still need to sort out a few things on that one.  

We have a small group that has breakfast get togethers every couple months.  We usually meet in the Clearwater area often after the Dupont Registry cars and coffee.  I think we had 6 cars two weeks ago.   Next one will probably be in January.  If anyone wants to join us, I'll add you to our email list.    

P1010009a.jpg

Pic Below is of my black '76.  

IMG_1897a.jpg

Edited by BK02M5

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors