Esoteric intermittent wiper q's

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I want to try and wire an adjustable intermittant wiper. I have the relay off of a later car. The question I have is this. When you switch from the intermittant circuit to constant low, do you cut the power to the intermittant circuit?

I want to try and use a headlight switch with the instrument rheostat to control the interval. I have heard that there is a single resistor in the relay that controls the wiper interval. It seems that using a rheostat in the right range, you would be able to vary the interval. Does this sound right?

Guest Anonymous

DSCN0022.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

know that there's no need to cut the 12V to the intermittent terminal of the late-style relay whan you go to the continuous wiper speeds. I have the extra teminal connected to 12V via my dead rear window defroster's switch in my '73 - been using it like this for at least 6 years.

regards,

Zenon

Guest Anonymous

It won't take much current without smokin. I tried just out of curiosity to run the wopers with it a slow speeds and it got smoky immediately.