OT: Pics from All British Field Meet last sunday....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0001.JPG

URL: http://www3.telus.net/public/a8a02472/ABFM%202003/

For those of you who are interested in British cars, I attended the ABFM in Vanouver last sunday. 500+ cars in attendance, including some pretty unique beasts! Dennis Gage from "My Classic Car" was also there, and I actually got to meet him, and shake his hand. Great event!

Al

ps- the car pictured above is a 1977 Triumph Dolomite Sprint. Very cool little car. I can't remember all the stats, but it was struck me as sort of a 4 door, British 02!

Guest Anonymous

This from the early 70s.

twin carbs, 16valve head. super light. Wolf in sheeps clothing AND super reliable.The sprint had something like 135BHP, 0 to 60miles in 8 seconds or something.

Growing up in England, my mate had one for a first car. It was a non-sprint, 8valve head, but with the carbs (twin SUs???) off a sprint. Man what a blast. Sorta an Alpha-opposition. Triumph were the best of the non-exotic British Marques.

and THAT looks like a cool version.

Guest Anonymous

Other than BMW's, the cars I love are British (TRs, AH, Jag). Looking forward to a few good shows nearby (one in Sep in the same field as the Bay Area 02 swap).

Guest Anonymous

My father in law has a couple of vintage Jags. I've been trying to get him to go to some shows. With Bloomies right across the street, Mom might talk him into it.

BTW: I (my wife)only spent $450 the day of the 02 show. Maybe THAT isn't such a good location after all?....