Jump to content

Exhaust manifold (header) for turbo set-up


Guest Anonymous
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Anonymous

Hey all,

Just looking for a bit of background on fabricating/finding an exhaust manifold for an eventual turbo set-up on my '74. I'm interested in finding out whether it would be feasible for me to fabricate it myself (with appropriate equipment) and what the practicalities of the design would be... Anyone had much experience with this?

Thanks,

Dave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Anonymous

and connect them with weld els, like that site Rob posted shows. Try Stahl headers for one and turbonetics for the other. Don't expect it to last forever, though, if you make it out of regular steel.

Matt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Anonymous

I'm too busy trying to plug holes in the floor and trunk and get the motor in the damn car to run with a carb to worry about the turbo yet.

I'm 75% sure i'll be using an OEM turbo manifold. the other 25% is leaning toward the custom one Paul has/sells. I will NOT be building my own under any circumstances.

Matt

'74 tii, turbo someday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Anonymous

it would be feasible for me to do it myself. I'm sure I could, but I suppose the question is whether I can actually get hold of a pre-fabricated manifold for a reasonable price... I will keep looking, but thanks again for the link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

×
×
  • Create New...