radar detectors/jammers

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

what is the best radar detector/jammer on the market. I hate speeding tickets. is the Rocky Mountain Radar Phazer II any good. It claims to use a passive radar scrambler to make your automobile electronically “invisible” to police speed-detecting equipment. The radar component works by mixing an X, K or Ka radar signal with an FM “chirp” and bouncing it back at the squad car by way of a waveguide antenna, effectively confusing the computer inside the radar gun.

Guest Anonymous

fuzzbuster.JPG

was this Fuzzbuster II (from the late 70's) :) Everything else since then has been crap. I have a bel which sucks, and had a passport which sucked also. Lots of false alarms. If and when I get another, I will get a Valentine 1. From everything I've heard and read, It is hands down the best. As far as jammers, I have my doubts. Here in NC, the thing that they bust you with is VASCAR, basically a stopwatch/distance excercise. No way to detect. Another good defense is (don't laugh) a CB radio. Just dont let'em know you're in a BMW.

Steve P. in NC

Guest Anonymous

there cant be such thing as a pasive jammer. In order to jam something [radar/laser sensor] you need to send out signals that are on these freqs. This in itself is against the law, as those freqs are protected. A passive radar jammer is a joke.

Radar detectors on the otherhand can really be helpful, especially in a place like I live. The roads are big and open, and the cops drive around with there radars on all the time (which by the way is also against the law but since when have cops followed laws?). Anyway, you can spot these oinkers from a mile away with the radar detector. The problem with cheap detectors though is you can get a bunch of false readings from various supermarket door opener things and radioshacks always seem to set them off. One you learn where the local false alarms in your town are this wont be a problem.

For long distances like open highway radar detectors are much less effective because many times cops use instant on radars like those guns you see, where you wont get a warning until they already know your speed. Your only hope is if they pinged a car infront of you or you happen to get a bounce from around a corner.

The other thing for open roads that is good is a CB. Truckers KNOW where "bear" is at all times. Even if you dont have a CB, there is a pretty simple rule to follow. If the long distance over the road truckers (usually big trucks with sleepers) are speeding, it's ok to speed. These guys dont mess around and if they speed chances are there's not a cop for miles.

Radar detectores are for the most part all created equal. Yes some will reduce false readings, but just about any radar detector will give you the same reading from a cop. The main thing is to learn your radar detector, learn your local cops, and just be smart about things. 5 years of CRONIC speeding with only 1 minor speeding ticket (45 in a 35 in my GRANDMAS car) goes to show even a dumbass can outsmart pigs.

Guest Anonymous

sig.jpg

saved me a few tickets already and payed for itself. Her in Bay Area/CA Ka is the band that the cops use. Have not seen anyting else. Different sounds for different bands, strength and direction of signal are very usefull on the raod.

But radar detector is not a cop detector, so you will still have to watch the mirrirs and pay atention to traffic.

steve k.

Guest Anonymous

621.jpg

great read!

If you ever cross Arkansas those truckers HAUL-ASS...I wanted to join in but I was driving a '62 Beetle with 40hp! No radar detecter needed and I was able to see alot of things I would have missed otherwise. I drove that damned car from southern Ca. to Montana and then DOWN all the way to New Orleans and back home on Hwy 10 with no breakdowns and it was a fairly worn out cruiser. I would love to do a roadtrip in a tii though.

Guest Anonymous

Good and accurate read. I used to be a patrol officer a few years ago (retired now). I can't tell you how many times I stopped people with radar detectors that never knew what hit them. Radar detectors dont work as good as people think. It's crazy to think that you can beat a 3K device with a $400.00 one. I had in my cruiser a "stalker unit". At night, I would drive behind cars showing the "idiot" green light (radar detector). I would paced for a while with the unit on hold (light still green). Once the hold is released, your radar detector would know I was behind you, but I already knew your speed. I used to keep a distance of at least three cars because once the radar detector lights went crazy, people used to slammed on the brakes. I never wrote them tickets (if they were nice), but I made the point that the radar detector was not an invicible shield.

As far as truckers, they are way more reliable. I used to have a CB in my car as well just to eves drop into their coversations. A lot of times I'll talk back to them to let them know I was 10-7 (on my way home). They were always polite to me. A lot of truckers are retired cops. Thanks for the bandwith.

Juan

Guest Anonymous

I read your post. I disagree with the open roads accessment on the radars (read my previous post). As for outsmarting us pigs....you probably have not. You see, if I was in the middle of a nice jelly donut and I saw you speeding, there was no chance in hell I would have gone after you ;) After finishing my donut I would've say "You were lucky this time, I'll catch you next time"