Factory Sunroof ???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am thinking of buying a 2002 - 1973, and the guy reckons it has a factory sunroof, although it has a wind visor thing on the roof and I have never seen one of these on a 2002 before, Was there a factory sunroof with a small windshield?

Cheers ;)

Guest Anonymous

If you are talking about the plastic deflector that glues to the roof, I don't think that is original, although the sunroof probably is. If it has a little metal pop up one, I think those are original, but I don't have one, and I have seen few with them. Also, if anyone knows how I can get one of those and put it on my car, that would be great!

Thanks!

Jeff C.

70 Granada 2002 Sunroof, Mega-Squirt EFI

66 Turf 2000 Automatic

Guest Anonymous

Learn something new every day. I am talking about the little metal pop up one though.

Jeff C.

70 Granada 2002 Sunroof MSEFI

66 Turf 2000a

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

you are probably talking about the plastic , smoked brown, wind deflector: i have one on my Sahara- I think it was an optional piece and it is held on to roof by bracket, not glue. BUT: if you are talking about a 1 inch high metal deflector that pops up at the front of the sunroof opening, those are correct and very rare on 2002s. I have been looking for one of those. I saw a perfect one the other day at Palo Alto meet. It is OE BMW equuipment. I am told the Bavaria deflector will work on 2002s. Anyone have one they will sell??///

Guest Anonymous

horribly expensive, yes.

they're off a late-sixties 911. Porsche (and almost everybody else) used roughly the same Golde-manufactured sunroof(s) as BMW until Webasto developed the sliding-pop-up roof and all but drove them off the market as far as OE fitment goes.

I've got the part numbers somewhere if you're really curious - but be warned; somebody did a price check on 'em a while back with Porsche, and they came out to three figures per piece. There are, I think, at least three pieces to the thing.

To boot, word on the street (Mike Self, wanna chime in on this one? I know you've got one...) is that they actually make the wind noise *louder*. So they basically just look cool.

'Course, hell, I'm all for that, too.

Sam

Guest Anonymous

it does work to take the air out of the cabin. the noise level is not really MORE, it is actually just different... a different tone if you will.

-Jason