dcoe air filter questions...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

what is the maximum height of the airfilters mounted directly to dcoe carbs (without any stack), to clear the non tii brake booster. what air filters do you all run. do velocity stacks make a noticable difference in power or top speed? i have heard that stacke help at high road and engine speeds, what do you all think?

thanks

-ian

Guest Anonymous

With a standard booster and no velocity stacks, the biggest rigid air filters I could fit were the chrome box type, about 1 & 1/2" thick. You can install flexible foam type filters on short velocity stacks, and bend the #3 filter over the booster.

I've never read that the velocity stacks will help ultimate top-end performance, though it might be true. The typical reason given for retaining velocity stacks is to promote low-RPM smoothness and tunability, and perhaps mid-range performance as well. With velocity stacks installed, the air flow past the jets is more uniform and less turbulent than it would be without stacks, and so it is easier to tune the mixture.

Mike