dammit ... cant get e30 318i ignition to work, either!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

lisafront.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/02s_online/links.html

WAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! ;p

Ive got it wired like I *think* it should be wired...

Seperate black-wrapped shielded cable: Goes to connector on Dizzy

Green: Power (+) for the ignition module

Brown: Ground for the ignition module--attach to chassis ground

Black: Trigger wire for ignition pulse... goes to (-) side of coil

Yellow: ?????????

Blue: ?????????

Do these last two connect to the fuel computer or something? can the 318i ignition be used as a stand-alone or not? these are the questions that plague me... ;)

Here are two pics of the module I've got... not sure if they changed at all during their production life...

318iggy1.jpg

318iggy2.jpg

TIA!!!!

-Rob

(already tried the e21 module itself, changed coils, distributors, etc. just not getting any spark!)

Guest Anonymous

I paid $30 for it at the junk yard. Ill see if I even have a spare dizzy. the only problem is the gear on the dizzy turn CCw and the 2002 dizzy is CW. so unles you have a differant cam, Hmm Maybe the volvo dizzy spins CW?

HTH

Andy Rattley

Guest Anonymous

from RamFlo as he told you what to do. You can use the 320i setup but I think you might have the wrong module in your pic (I think the wiring connects on the side... not on top like in your pic). If you do not have the correct 320 parts, you can get the parts from a volvo or even the stupid Yugo cars (if you have any in your area) as all these cars have the same Bosch setup. I did like Paul said and my engine works great!!!

Guest Anonymous

I run a 320i electronic ignition setup in my 2002 race car. I just had a problem shorting out a few ignition modules. The problem has been fixed but I need a spare mobule, will the ignition module from a Volvo or VW or ????? work?

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0059 resized.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

The Volvo setup is completely different, and doesn't use a module. Thats why I suggested that Rob use it. Your car must be using a 320i, or 318i head. At least the cam anyway, right? The VW modules will work just fine. If you want a couple of spares, I'll ship you 2 of them for $20USD. I've even got one from a 320i.

Al

Guest Anonymous

Is it running yet? If not, buy Andy's Volvo unti or e-mail me and I'll ship you my other '81 320i complete ignition system with custom harness and distributor