Sign in to follow this  
mcaden

Local Oktoberfest gathering for NOVA, MD, DC - interest?

11 posts / 5306 viewsLast Reply

I was wondering whether any locals in or near NOVA, DC, and MD might be interested in an Oktoberfest gathering either the first or second weekend in October. We could meet for lunch at a local German restaurant and then go for a drive.

I would suggest a place like the Old Stein Inn in Edgewater, MD. They have a great outdoor beer garden, entertainment, and good food/beer. See http://www.oldstein-inn.com/

I am also open to a closer venue or other ideas. If you have an interest please respond or let this idea die a peaceful death.

-Marc

Sounds fun!

Oct15 is a street survival class.

Sending from my droid as a tree took out our house power line this afternoon. Maybe get power tomorrow. Nothing like the drone of a loud generator...

Sending from my droid as a tree took out our house power line this afternoon. Maybe get power tomorrow. Nothing like the drone of a loud generator...

Sorry to hear about the power outtage (again). Need anything? - we are not too far away.

Looking at the Calendar more closely, Oct 15 is Street Survival and Oct 22 is the scheduled DIY. I would proposed we do either Oct 1 (Sat.) or 2 (Sun)... if there is sufficient interest.

-Marc

I'm definitely in for an Old Stein get together. The restaurant has recently re-opened, and a good friend of mine, Jason Howard from Frankfurt is the head chef. Having enjoyed Jason's cooking numerous times, I highly recommend anything he's serving. The beer selection will be excellent as well.

Grice

unfortunately, the BMWCCA chapterfest is not happening this year..

first weekend in oct i am not avail.

second weekend is an scca race at summit point (02 road trip to watch us?)

third weekend is street survival.

first weekend nov is the bmwcca overnight tour trip to wintergreen. that woud be a fun trip with some 02's!

an old steiin trip sounds like a fun outing if we can find a date.

chapterfest not happening because there were too many other major events in the area (BGP, bimmerfest, etc) and not enough sponsors to go around. next year!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.