• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

kill barney

M3M3

the day my wife has been waiting for...the end of the purple 02 shell in our backyard....

there should be some racing 02 folks coming over my house this weekend to either take the whole shell somehow, or take the parts they need and cut up the rest to fit in my pickup truck for recycliing. will post when i get a firm day and time.

all that will be left will be a vin # panel from the fender and the title....

of course, i also added an e30 to my yard count, so she still won't be totally happy...;-)

2xM3

the car is apart. anything that can be removed has been. took jim and i about 4hrs.

anything folks see in this slideshow can be had if you come and get it. anything not taken by next weekend goes to the metal recycler or dump...

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp59/mblytle/2002%20parts%20for%20sale/?albumview=slideshow

need a few guys with sawzalls! come on over! i have beer!

2xM3

Fun day. I can now say I've removed the brake master cylinder, booster, pedal box and quarter windows from a 2002. Those tiny little screws behind the B-pillar weatherstripping are tough to remove.

Thanks for the learning experience (and the PB&J sandwich!).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I'm pulling the pedal box today for the first time ..any tips would help

Sorry Chris - I don't have any pictures but I bet someone here on the FAQ has done a great write-up on this. Keith Kreeger's tii website is where I would first look for great pics and procedures.

I recommend you purchasing a pedal box rebuild kit from BLUNT. It should have all the items you need. I bought one but haven't installed it yet.

On the Purple '74, I pulled the master cylinder and booster before removing the pedal box. The little clip holding the brake pedal to booster rod wasn't too bad, pushing the pin out of the clevis was sort of difficult along with loosening the lower outside nut holding the booster on.

The vertical brake booster linkage has a 17mm (I think) wrench size nut that secures it to the pedal. Make sure to mark where the nut was before removal. There is a rubber boot that the linkage goes thru in the pedal box. If you don't remove the large nut, it will prevent you from removing the rod. I my case, the nut was still on the rod so it pulled the boot out at the same time (undamaged!).

The clutch pedal requires a 17mm and 19mm wrench to remove the pivot bolt and nut.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors