Scary, Scary night.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Lesson # 324 grasshopper: do not fiddle around with working systems the day before an 02 event... i should have paid attention that day in class: yesterday we decided to put an end to the flickering alt. light and the weird readings on my voltmeter by replacing the stock 45 amp 2002tii alt. with a Bosch 41x, out of a 528, 633, etc. The 41x has internal vlotage reg-good, and is 65 amps-great. So, after fabbing up a longer tube for the tii specific bolt and after waiting all day to do other things, we get around to install at 7:00p.m.. remove rad., etc... get new alt. in... and crap: it reads under 12 volts- bad alternator. we tried new v. reg on it, checked everything again.Nada- bad alternator.That is what i get for putting an unknown piece in the car. SO, then we get to take it out, and put the original back in with some improved wire harness ends( the original plug is gone). Now, the damn thing is reading a steady just over 12 volts, i have shop grunge all around the place that i spent hours cleaning, and i get to go through the whole stupid routine again, when i get a correct reman 41x from supplier. got home 11.00 p.m., almost forgot my grills at the shop, lost some stuff, what a mess: all on show's eve. But, at least i got my horn to work on my new Momo Alpina wheel: found the last 2 plunger horn contacts in the universe lol, at "scary Ed's". He is great! See you at Palo Alto, a bit weary and a lot wiser...///

Guest Anonymous

.....over PLUG WIRES!!! It was running well enough weds. but NOOOOO. I head to mess with it. I'm pretty sure it was never the Pertronix OR the timing that was giving me headaches. Just a coincidentall intervention by some severely corroded-very green, plug wires and cap. I was able to clean the cap but the wires are green right past the connectors and into the wire-bad conductor that green stuff. Semi-conductor anyway. The coil wire actually disintigrated in my hands. Well, the fix is usually easy but the parts acquisition tough. Hopefully I'll find some wires to limp me along to Road America. Glad you made it through your ordeal the wiser. I'll probably never learn.

Guest Anonymous

So, I hop in the 02 this morning at about 8:30. She

starts right up and I proceed to back out of the

driveway, but my clutch pedal is squeaky and

binding on itself and I try to ignore it. The next

moment the clutch is slipping because the pedal

is jammed, so I pull the pedal up with my foot... too

fast! The clutch engaged, torqued the engine, and

slammed the dizzy into the fire wall causing the

cap to impact the rotor. The cap has a huge hole in

it and the rotor is cracked in half!!!! I live 45 minutes

from the closest parts store that might have a cap

and rotor for my poor little 02!!!

I just drove the M5 into San Rafael and picked up a

rotor, I couldn't find a cap. This trip took 1.5 hours.

It's 11:am now and I'm leaving my house in the 02.

I replaced the rotor, epoxied the cap, and fixed the

clutch pedal. I should be in Palo Alto by 1:pm... I

hope everyone is still there.

Ethan

Guest Anonymous

Got free Giants tickets Friday and didn't have to risk the '02 by fiddling with it. It ran great the whole way, going on one month now.

Great show. I tip my hat to JP and Arne and all the others who put this on, well organized event. It's my first one, but I'll keep going to 'em.

Great to see people's faces finally, too.

Guest Anonymous

control arms!!! I requested a flat bed tow truck and

got one, but the driver hooked on to the control

arms with his hydraulic hooks, bent the arms to

shit and dinged up the front sub frame.

What a day. I hope tomorrow brings me better luck

and if I go anywhere I'm driving my truck!

Judging by the pix so far it looks like I missed a

really good time. I was really looking forward to

seeing some nice cars and meetig some of you.

Regards,

Ethan