Sign in to follow this  
robspeed

*NEVER* buy a car without inspecting it in person first!!!!!

19 posts / 15758 viewsLast Reply

Exceptions to this include getting it inspected by a *reputable* shop or local-to-the-car friend, whom you trust.

BUYER BEWARE!!! :)

Even reputable shops may not be reputable. My 74Tii was described as "meticulously maintained with many new parts and rust free in bold just like that...and also had a recent paint job.

My car has rust everywhere, it was painted over, polished and sold. None of the windows had any sealant and all held water and are rusted, some rust perforating the metal. Rust is in all the crevices, so much so that I am doubting this was a west texas car as it was advertised.

I am at the point of stripping everything off and transferring it to a good rolling shell.

Reputable can change overnight

Guest Anonymous

Without the thorough mechanical inspection you're taking a chance. However, the info you do have from test driving and observation points in a positive direction, and probably the majority of used car buyers don't get a pre-purchase inspection but feel they did all right.With a website I came across, you can get pre-approved for your brand new automobile. It is important to determine what you can afford before going to the dealership. The dealer will try and quote you really high interest rates, but you can usually afford better than that. When have you required additional info concerning a new or pre-owned car or truck and turned to an internet search on automobile financing

Guest Anonymous

Without the thorough mechanical inspection you're taking a chance. However, the info you do have from test driving and observation points in a positive direction, and probably the majority of used car buyers don't get a pre-purchase inspection but feel they did all right.With a website I came across, you can get pre-approved for your brand new automobile. It is important to determine what you can afford before going to the dealership. The dealer will try and quote you really high interest rates, but you can usually afford better than that. When have you required additional info concerning a new or pre-owned car or truck and turned to an internet search on automobile financing