kris

70 M2 build

238 posts / 77598 viewsLast Reply

Wow;

Esty did a great job on the carpet, w/ close attention to details, much much better than Gahh or WUPH kits, no doubt. I may order a grey square weave set, juts to have it.

Also, seats look unbelievable. This car will look much much better than your black tii, with tons of modern power, looks like one of the best builds I have seen in recent times. Great job Kris.

Wow Kris, don't know how I missed your build before, but it looks epic! I'm jealous of how clean that '70 Sahara shell is... great starting point. Your clean and fresh Sahara looks so much better than my dull old Sahara. I guess Sahara is one of those colors that just doesn't "patina" well...

Awesome attention to detail on the evo spec s14!

I love gold wheels on Sahara btw... hope to see it in person one day!

Great work Kris! Anxious to see updates. Esty's carpet looks great

M2-FEB-7-L.jpg

Is that a special Scoobie Doo cat chair? LOL

Great work Kris! Anxious to see updates. Esty's carpet looks great

Is that a special Scoobie Doo cat chair? LOL

Yeah he loves that chair, I suppose the irony is lost on him. He also loves loading fur onto the Scheels. And puking on carpet.

Here's a few pics of some recent stuff.

POR 15 has been applied to the wells and underbody.

The header is kaput, ridden hard and put to bed wet, so I have sourced a new one with the help of Blunt. It actually looks like it's been sitting on the shelf at a BMW warehouse since 1988, so it is the very definition of NOS

Weisco crapped out on the custom 11.25.1 piston order, so we have ordered off the shelf from CP.

Hmm, nice welds

heads-L.jpg

header-beaten-L.jpg

POR15-L.jpg

Side-view-shell-L.jpg

Kris -

Based on what Marshall went thru with his 02 sensor overheating in the stock location - you might want to plug the stock opening in that header and put the sensor farther downstream.

Just saying..

yes, stock narrowband works fine in stock location. a wideband sensor needs to be further downstream. mine is in the y-pipe. it consistently overheated in stock location.

Regarding the CF Air Intake, is that shaped to handle a Tii brake booster? (I noticed the indentation on the underside)

Would it be possible to have it configure for a Webber DCOE set up?

May I ask who makes ist and how much would that run if I decided to chase such a dream?

More picsplease, need motivation for mine.

TIA!!

Justin

Regarding the CF Air Intake, is that shaped to handle a Tii brake booster? (I noticed the indentation on the underside)

May I ask who makes ist and how much would that run if I decided to chase such a dream?

TIA!!

Justin

Justin

the cf intake on my M2 is from MAXX automotive in germany. you are looking at ~$1200, plus the fuel management software to offset the fact that you have to delete the stock afm.

yes, it goes over a tii booster.

pics of my install in here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,345762/

Justin

the cf intake on my M2 is from MAXX automotive in germany. you are looking at ~$1200, plus the fuel management software to offset the fact that you have to delete the stock afm.

yes, it goes over a tii booster.

pics of my install in here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,345762/

I was waiting for you to respond ;)

Mine is the Maxx as well. To the OP, you rotate the booster and then as Marshall shows, it is a (tight) fit. You can find info on Maxx on s14.net.

A trip to the engine builder to see what's up. Had a nice tour of the facility, very busy race and general engine building shop. They had two Viper V10 custom motors, a motor from a Ferrari Daytona torn down and all kinds of detroit iron for street and the drag strip

Some crosshatch work on the con rods

March-25-2012-19-L.jpg

CP forged pistons

March-25-2012-18-L.jpg

March-25-2012-17-L.jpg

March-25-2012-14-L.jpg

March-25-2012-12-L.jpg