kris

70 M2 build

238 posts / 77596 viewsLast Reply

Or a defective one-piece one that does not allow the dash indicator to flash!

Yeah but will they deliver a 2 piece flasher?
I bet Tischer could.

;-)

As hard as I tried I couldnt get that EVO block and crank in a flat rate. you should have seen the fedex guy lugging that block up the stairs of the freedom bunker

This is going to be one of those cars that raises the bar. Like a modded Bill Williams car

A bit late to the game, but I just noticed this. I'm glad to see the seats made it safe and sound. I can't wait to see how they (and of course, the project) turn out. I'm glad they found such a great home.

Best,

Bill

Updates

323i CR 5 spd arrived from a seller in NC. It was an ebay find and generally looks to be in really good shape. Some seals need to be replaced and bushings and I will figure out some sort of SSK for it. The 245/10 is quite different from the 245/5, drain plug is right at the back, probably easier to drain than the 245/5 when installed in an 02. Slave looks pretty new too.

m2-dec-2-L.jpg

m2-dec-4-L.jpg

Also picked a shorty center console which is in really good shape and probably needs nothing other than the grab bars for the sides

m2-dec-7-L.jpg

Got an old school 4 gauge dash pod. Need to strip and refinish it. I'm told I need to anodize it black, and it seems to have a rough finish. Looks just like the Gr. 5 pods I've seen on Marckmac's site

m2-dec-9-L.jpg

m2-dec-8-L.jpg

I bought this model before I bought the shell and it seems that it will be a good predictor of what this car will look like

m2-dec-10-L.jpg

m2-dec-11-L.jpg

My S14 donor is going through teardown this week and the 2.5 build specs are being finalized. More to follow

I suggest LED lighting for your cluster and aux gauges. And clock! ;-)

Cheers,

Ray

looking good Kris! I'll be up next week to check out something on my car and look forward to seeing your progress!

Looking forward to your next update Kris! :D

On the gearbox pic - is that a turbo e9 project or something of the like in the background RHS?

Rudy - Competition Automotive in Richmond Hill, they built another 2.5 recently and used to build s14 race motors in the day.

Tom-indeed it is an olde school turbo project. The shop I'm working with has everything from an e46 Time Attack car back to the early stuff. Email me about the short block.

Wish I had a more substantial update, but I do have some pretty pictures...

Esty's great work on a square weave oatmeal carpet set

M2-FEB-8-L.jpg

M2-FEB-9-L.jpg

Scheel 200's are back and looking good, cord and vinyl from NML Depot

M2-FEB-7-L.jpg

M2-FEB-6-L.jpg

M2-FEB-5-L.jpg

And carbon and alpha-n have arrived. The install manual is my nighttime reading...

M2-FEB-11-L.jpg

M2-FEB-12-L.jpg

Ready for Christmas?

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

I like the pace of this project. Should be ready for the Vintage in May, right??

Ready for Christmas?

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

I like the pace of this project. Should be ready for the Vintage in May, right??

Renovating a house at the same time has slowed me down. I want to say yes to the Vintage, time and $ will tell. Next up is an e30 rear subframe from 2002haus, and turbo spindles, hubs etc from Blunt. Blunt has been a huge help sourcing the parts I needed. He's the godfather of oem and M2's.

In the next 3 weeks I expect the motor will be finished and we can drop er in.