what car would you buy right now, unlimited $ range

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

only 38 (i think) ever made there are always 4 or 5 for sale.

I am seriously thinking of getting a Renault Alpine as one of my future cars if I can just find one...

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0059 resized.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

39 actually. 9 of them were actually built in '63, and came equipped with 4.0L engines. They were known as 330GTO. Some were also built with different bodywork, like the LM, and a couple other examples. ALL beautiful, and VERY rare! I still remember reading in Road&Track, back in 88 or 89, that one sold at auction for over $18million! That was at the height of the collector car boom, when Cobra's were fetching over a million, and muscle cars were pushing $250000. Crazy days!

Al

Guest Anonymous

then a ferrari 250gt california...just like ferris buehler...

if i had my way, i'd live in a warehouse surrounded by cars...i know. i'm sick...=)

-dave

Guest Anonymous

auction and was soo bummed I didn't have an extra $250K USD burning hole in my pocket ;) as there were some real steals. Some cars were fetching 1/2 of the reserve and buying seemed very light. Looks like the downturn in the us economy has effected even the uppermost crust.

Guest Anonymous

Probably most vivid memories were heading down to the Briggs Cunningham museum and just "hanging out" -- almost everything in the museum was driven and many of the owners used to come down and take the cars for a spin. I've ridden with Tony Hogg in his 427 Shelby Cobra and Phil Hill in some of his cars. Probably the most significant memories tho' come with the Bugatti Royale and the Duesenberg SSJ (the red/cranberry one and not the white one). I guess if money is no object, it would be one of these two cars... Bugatti first and Duesenberg second. The Ferrari 275 GTB4 would be next and a 250 Testa Rossa would be next. Speaking of Testa Rossa's my dad and I answered an advertisement to sell a Ferrari 400i at a guy's house in Placentia. The house looked really scruffy, but you would be amazed at the collection in the garage he had in the backyard. As it turns out, the driveway led down the side of the house to a huge backyard. In the backyard he had a 4-car garage. The 400i and a Alfa bottail sat outside on the drive and in the garage he had 2 stalls full of Testa Rossa and early Ferrari motors and parts. In the garage were not one - but TWO TRs! He was restoring one of them and the other was worth more original. As it turns out, he was an ex-Ferrari race car mechanic from the 1950's/1960's and was one of the foremost authorities on the early race cars. What a shame we didn't stay in touch (and dad didn't buy the 400i).

Guest Anonymous

My personal top 10 is a list I've been working on for many years. Obviously, its different whether the budget is unlimited or not. Lately, I've been starting a list of the top 10 cars I (realistically) want to own in my lifetime. Things like a Mini, 1800TI/SA, an Alpina nk or 02, E28 M5 or Alpina E28, something Italian and gorgeous, etc.

Karl