SEATTLE/TACOMA owners....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

On the Eastside: Millen Autobody 425-883-4191 Excellent work, reasonable prices, but slow. They did my car.

Also Eurotech 425-923-4282 has done some cars. Excellent work, maybe the most knowledgable about 2002's and expensive.

Guest Anonymous

How much work are you willing to put in yourself?, what type of quality are you looking for? Concours? Daily beater, something in between?

Guest Anonymous

...at Millen's about two months ago?

I just had my rusty floorboards repaired at Eurotech about 3 weeks ago. They did a great job IMO, and I've heard great things about some 02 paint jobs done there. Also, they always have some really neat cars in various stages of restoration (old Porsches, Saabs, BMWs, etc.). There's a nice Colorado there right now.

--Damon

'72 tii

Guest Anonymous

Now the challenge is to find a place that will actually paint an entire car, many did not want to touch my car. I asked alot of places and the usual answer was either we don't do entire cars, or we can do it in between the other (meaning insurance?) jobs - so it is going to be awhile. I took my car completely apart, down to metal and/or original primer, sanded, primed with new, had the shop fine tune the body work, and shoot the entire car, inside and out - doors, hood, trunk lid off, $1200. The guy that actually shot the car is not there anymore, but I think these guys will still "work with you" - Spray King, 11th and Pine, but I think they split up with their North End shop off Aurora around 200th and now stand alone, so may not be called Spray King. I stopped by the North shop to try and find the guy that did my car to show him the finished product, wasn't there anymore, but I did see a 2002 square light there, complete job in red. There is also a guy down south that I spoke with that will do an entire car, if you are interested I'll dig out his shop name and number. Says he removes everything, places the car on a dolly so he can move it around, uses first rate materials, etc.

Guest Anonymous

James Morland he runs a small paint booth in Fremont just painted my golf 74 did a great job very reasonable and he will work with you if you want to do some or all the prep. He hase done a lot of 02 work over the years and he paints most of the mega yachts around here, e-mail me for his phone if you want.....Marty....

Guest Anonymous

""There is also a guy down south that I spoke with that will do an entire car, if you are interested I'll dig out his shop name and number. Says he removes everything, places the car on a dolly so he can move it around, uses first rate materials, etc.""

Sounds like potential, the more the merrier as far as the bid process goes, the name and number would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff