Electricalsystem of 1972 2002

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey Guys-

Lately in my 72 2002,my radio will shut off, and my turn signal will stop working, along with my wipers. What is going on here if it's not the fuse?

Guest Anonymous

locate the effected compnents, then check all connection

Check all grounds too, they can cause all kinds of trouble!

Guest Anonymous

the fuse for the wipers, brake lights & horn relay (fuse 12) and the radio power tap (unfused) are all powered off the same switched terminal on the ignition switch while the turn signals are powered off an adjacent ignition switch terminal. The ignition system is powered off a different terminal on the ignition switch, so it's possible that you've got a bad connection at the ignition switch or a bad terminal inside the switch that's cutting power to fuse 12 and the turn signal circuit without interrupting power to the ignition system. If fuse 12 is losing power, you should lose brake lights at the same time you lose the other systems (not a good thing).

If your car matches the diagram I have, the power feed to fuse 12 should be a large diameter (2.5mm) violet wire. Hope this is of some help.......

Guest Anonymous

the fuse for the wipers, brake lights & horn relay (fuse 12) and the radio power tap (unfused) are all powered off the same switched terminal on the ignition switch while the turn signals are powered off an adjacent ignition switch terminal. The ignition system is powered off a different terminal on the ignition switch, so it's possible that you've got a bad connection at the ignition switch or a bad terminal inside the switch that's cutting power to fuse 12 and the turn signal circuit without interrupting power to the ignition system. If fuse 12 is losing power, you should lose brake lights at the same time you lose the other systems (not a good thing).

If your car matches the diagram I have, the power feed to fuse 12 should be a large diameter (2.5mm) violet wire. Hope this is of some help.......