• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the average cost to restore a 02 body

BMW2002_74

Looking for cost to restore 02 body minus engine??? Body is in decent condition floors are good... the spare tire section has rust and holes...

It's far from a rust bucket but I'm sure there could be some hidden rust..? Don't know if this would help but when I purchased the car 25 years ago the owner had the 02 rustproof with gel type solution.

As helpful as an automotive enthusiast forum can be, these types of questions have an infinite number of variables (not counting your own ideas of 'restored') and are best answered by someone who is able to physically able to go over your car.

I'd suggest finding some reputable restoration shop and make an appointment for an estimate. Have a list ready outlining what you would like to see down and listen to their advice.

You could run from 5k-100k.

You can have it....

a) good...

B) fast...

or

c) cheap.

Pick two.

:-)

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I got a quote for about $2500 for rust removal and paint woth undercoating on the rear and inside and its all ppg paint. Its a good deal here in socal if you want i can give you his number.

74 BMW 2002

06 BMW E90 auto

02 BMW E46 vert 5spd- sold

11 Mercedes E350- fancy shit

My 1968 California 2002 was taken apart down to the rolling suspension and then I sent it to the body shop without glass and needing no body work or rust repair.

They did a nice job including door jambs, trunk and engine bay for 5K. Fair price for the labor involved. Then you get to put it all together.

If you want a concourse look expect to take it all down to the last nut and bolt yourself put it on a rotisserie and shell out 15 - 20K

That's my o2 cents