HELLO!!!! Has anyone seen this???? NICE(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

But it is only about 5 miles from me. I hope they bring it to this

weekend's 02 swap meet in Palo Alto so I can check it out.

Guest Anonymous

May-8,-2000.jpg?dc=4675416785402130404

URL: http://groups.msn.com/1969BMW2002FORSALE/shoebox.msnw

black plastic grills. This means the nose clip was probably changed out as well. It's a nice car but there seems to be something shady about it after reading the car's bio. He doesn't seem to know much about it for someone that is a self-proclaimed "bmw aficianado" and has owned the car for 12 years. I think it was wrecked, probably pretty badly, some time ago but that's just a guess. Nice looking, rare car though. I wouldn't kick it out of my driveway!

Guest Anonymous

P6160142.JPG

URL: http://www.my2002tii.com

While at first it may seem the deviation is an obvious attempt to snow you 2002 experts, but...

I have spoken to people in Germany about their restoration projects. Many German 2002s are required as part of the restoration by the TUV to use any part that was considered newer than the original if the manufacturer states that it is stronger or improved over the original component if it is damaged or be rebuilt for restoration, especially in a crush zone like the front grill or rear panel. Their recertification process for the cars is far more stringent than ours.

The car pictured below in Germany has square tail lights and the black plastic grills. It's obvious that it's not the original paint or setup.

Look at the line of cars in the photos of the Bavaria Tour last year in Germany. Most of the roundie cars have later model trunks with the roundel on the deck lid also.

Your thoughts?

Keith

'74tii - Stella

http://www.my2002tii.com

Guest Anonymous

taillights as the "Modell 73" cars which came out in Sept '73 as 1974 cars for the US market. Plastic grilles on earlier cars=replaced/modified nose.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

I have seen a lot of pics of european 02s in street and race trim from "round light times" sporting black plastic grills. I thought it was an availability decision, until I realized that in 1973 there were no grill NLA problems. That seems to be the way they were trimming them over there. It is all to confuse the hell out of us on this side of the puddle. More frustrating is the use of square lights and euro /clean chrome bumpers. ///

Guest Anonymous

I believe the black plastic grilles appeared in Europe late '73 with the square rear lights. However, many with earlier cars painted their chrome grills black. My first '02 was a '71 bought in Germany and the grilles and upper chrome trim was painted black. The Germans also liked to have their early 3 & 5 series cars cars "unbadged", so you couldn't easily identify what motor it had.

Les

Guest Anonymous

the rust out of an already rusted unibody car is close to impossible, so it's bound to pop up periodically here and there. Just ask the 356 Porsche guys.....