what do u guys think about this...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay i have my trusty 1972 2002. My friend is buying a 1971 Datsun 240z. and what i want to know if how my litte bimmer will hold up against a z car. if any of you have ever owned or driven one i would like to hear your expiriences. My 02 is mildly built. thanks.

Guest Anonymous

baby.gif

he has a '71. I used to drive it quite a bit (it is in storage now). LOTS of torque, pretty fast off the line, lots of top end. If I remember correctly, the 240 was 150 hp stock (I may be wrong). The only way to find out is to go for it. My $$ would be on the Z. No offense intended.

Steve P. in NC

Guest Anonymous

May-8,-2000.jpg?dc=4675416785402130404

URL: http://groups.msn.com/1969BMW2002FORSALE/shoebox.msnw

the 240z will smoke you. I used to have several friends who used to street race them and they are more suited to it then our trusty '02's. 6-cyl for one thing and many combinations of parts possible by mixing and matching engine components off of 280 engines possible as well as triple carb set ups. Matching an '02 against a datsun 510 is the more realistic match-up. They're in about the same class.

Guest Anonymous

a 73 240Z back in 1980, that thing was a blast, the

dual hitachis made that straight six humm (they

sucked gas too 12mpg), the 240 will probably win

in a straight, but the twisties belong to the 2002. I

couldn't dare going over 100mph in the 240Z, at

90 you could feel the car starting to get ariborne.

If I hadn't gotten into 02's I would probably be

driven a 72 240Z!

Michael

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

didnt they used to have the 2002s up against alfa GTVs as well as the 510s in the old race days? Maybe that was the 2 litre class... But I seem to remember that 2002s were on the track racing along with the detroit heavy metal V8s too, they got killed in the straights, but made up the time in the turns, so they were running in same races. Maybe I saw it wrong- but I could swear...///

Guest Anonymous

Many years ago, I was on my way to work one rainy day, and a 240Z loomed large in my rear-view mirror. I didn't think too much about it, as I was getting off at the next exit, a decreasing-radius, 180-degree curve that I knew very well. He was, too. As we got on the ramp, he got smaller in my mirror, then decided to catch back up - unfortunately for him, in the decreasing-radius part. As I arrived at the stoplight at the end of the ramp, I looked back again, to see him backing up away from the Armco that he'd nearly plowed into. The moral of the story: In (relatively) stock form, Z's exhibit heavy understeer, much more than relatively stock 02s. No doubt this guy could have smoked me in a straight line, but he was no match on a decreasing-radius curve in the wet.

Guest Anonymous

there is a beautiful 510 somewhere around me. I saw it on the highway last summer. We didn't race but we did play follow the leader for about 6 miles till i had to exit. I was in my 72 tii. Many head turns as we cruised by at a slightly excessive speed.