OT Another fine german automobile - not mine

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

was taken for a drive on one of these, a turbo, the car is simply... Awesome! Scary...wow! new definiton for muscle car/truck? It lowers itself after 25mph!

Michael

Guest Anonymous

Its sad to see Porsche, a company dedicated to (street/race machines which are so technologicaly advanced and "were" commited to a sportscar enthusiasts niche market, crumble to marketing trends.. I was also similarily dissapoint with bmw's x5.

Just MY 02 cents.

Roman

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0059 resized.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

I agree that it is sad to see Porsche building a station wagon. However, if they must build high speed soccer mom mobiles, in order to generate the capitol required to keep building sports cars, then so be it. If it comes down to Porsche building wagons, or going out of business, what would you rather see?

Al

Guest Anonymous

...what all the fuss is about if someone decides to make, buy, own drive a SUV, mini-van, stationwagon, or anything else. Just because Porsche makes sports cars-world's finest in my opinion-does not mean they can't make other vehicles just as well. They may not be for everyone, but they are for somebody obviously. There is a place for SUVs despite what Satch carleson and others say. True-most only go offroad when they miss the driveway at 3 A.M. (detroit exec quote) but some are used for their designed purpose. I live in Wisconsin. I could occasionally use 4 wheel drive for the snow here and I plan on buying a Suburban to haul sailing gear, camping gear bikes, etc. I'll also use the four wheel drive to beach launch my sailboat. Hum Vees are probably mostly image purpose purchases but what is so bad about that? Seems a harmless way, relatively speaking, to feel good about one's self. When we burn through all our fossil fuel (and we will-suvs or not) and have to do something then, and only then, will the govt step in and make us be more sensible in our buying decisions. Until then, let's put off the big brother campaign, lighten up and enjoy the differences that are out there. If I could afford a Porsche cayanne (sic?) I'm not sure I'de buy one anyway-but maybe I would. I'll bet they're a blast to drive-and they sure make more sense than a HumVee.

Guest Anonymous

I forgot to tell you all how I came about riding on

one of those: this guy wanted to buy my 76, but I

made the mistake to take him on a wild ride on my

38/38 3.90 lsd (not for sale) , so now he is looking

for a dual carb or a tii. I guess it is the ultimate

compliment, a guy that could drive just about

anything, wants a 2002 for fun, if he gets one, I

predict that Cayene will sit in the garage...

Guest Anonymous

stupid upper 1/2 of 1% truck thing, now take that twin turbo v8 and stuff it into a porsche 914 or in the back of a 1966 four door corvair with a six speed transaxle. ha.

Guest Anonymous

flat four Porsche 356 series engines with high torque low rev cams...

And BMW stayed in business right after WWII by making cooking pots and pans from scrap aluminum (old Luftwaffe aircraft undoubtedly).

Mike