• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ARP STUD oil leak

I read up on how some ARP studs require Thread sealant on the threads to prevent an oil leak... Is this for the threads on the top of the stud, bottom of the stud? also, can I just remove one bolt and not have to worry about retorqing etc etc???

Thanks!

I read up on how some ARP studs require Thread sealant on the threads to prevent an oil leak... Is this for the threads on the top of the stud, bottom of the stud? also, can I just remove one bolt and not have to worry about retorqing etc etc???

Thanks!

Lemee guess?

The oil passage head bolt next to the oil sender unit.

Yes you can remove just the one head 13 point /14mm nut.

I would not put any sealant on the top threads but rather down in and around the bolt hole in the head. Sandwhich a little with the washer and then retorque that nut down. It you get any sealent in the threads, it will be a bear to get it apart again and most likely the whole stud will back out.

*from my own exerience; yours may vary.

But what do I know

just put some silicone there today, will see how it works out

I did the rear Two bolts in the head, I pulled one bolt, sprayed with brakekleen dabbed the silicone, then retorqued, Then I pulled the other one, because both were leaking GRR!

I was planning to warm the car up again today, let it cool down, then Retorque the rear two.... Anyone have any suggestions?