• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Grief, how long does it take to get Maximillion parts!?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If you're getting kinda standard repair/replace parts like water pumps and relays, etc., I usually find that I'll get stuff within a week or so. If you order stuff that has to come from Germany (and I've been surprised on what falls into that category), then it will be longer...sometimes months depending on availability.

What with homeland security/port security and so forth, it takes even longer to get crates off the ship, through customs, and on a truck.

I've had good luck with Maximillian. Stuff available domestically comes fast, things from overseas take longer...but I'm willing to wait for the right parts that last long and fit well. If you're frustrated by the wait, I suggest giving them a call to politely inquire on the status...

Tim

'76 2002

'03 Golf

Guest Anonymous

yes it seems that much of the stuff is coming from Germany. But all I ordered was a shifter repair kit. Didn't anticipate the wait.

Guest Anonymous

200228.jpg

i ordered mine also...but they told me it'd take 14 days or so to get it all together and send it to ya....call and talk to matt...good guy...

JUST got my goodies...=)

-dave

Guest Anonymous

are coming form Germany and may take awhile to clear customs. Paul (or anyone else there) can tell you whats up. I ordered a list of stuff and it came different days, again, it all depends on availability and where it is coming from.

Guest Anonymous

Two months is a long time for a shift rebuild kit. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say they have 99% of the parts ready and are waiting for some bushing or other to come in from parts unknown...usually how it goes.

Guest Anonymous

Having said that I have been waiting for a part for some months. They have had a vendor issue on floor pans. They have been very upfront me on the "problem" and they told me that it might end up like this. My point is, I believe that these guys try to give customers an accurate assessment of order status/parts outages. Good guys and good vendor in my book. Hope your parts come soon, I feel your pain!!!

Guest Anonymous

Having said that I have been waiting for a part for some months. They have had a vendor issue on floor pans. They have been very upfront me on the "problem" and they told me that it might end up like this. My point is, I believe that these guys try to give customers an accurate assessment of order status/parts outages. Good guys and good vendor in my book. Hope your parts come soon, I feel your pain!!!

Guest Anonymous

Nothing could be easier, and Paul or Matt will give you the low down asap...

No one on this board BUT them will know when your order will come in... I am sure there is a good reason.

Best of luck!

Jason

Guest Anonymous

Matt and Paul are super to work with. if it's been a long time since you placed the order, chances are that something is slow coming out of germany. I had this happen with a few things, but they will get it to you right away when it gets to the states. If you give them a call they'll let you know what's going on. Over the course of my two year restoration I would have been lost without their superlative service and expertise.

Guest Anonymous

I haven't been on the message boards, and no longer do sales - but I HAVE spent the last 9 days (9 hours a day - every day) PACKING, SORTING, and SHIPPING all of the enormous shipment / parts we received from Germany last week.

hang in there - and don't EVER hesitate to ask us directly for status - you'll get a MUCH FASTER, and BETTER answer! :-))

Paul

MAximill...

Guest Anonymous

well, I did Paul. I wasn't dealing with you directly and I wasn't intending to knock Maximilion. But, I had enquired multiple times. My post here was more out of frustration and to ask others if this kind of wait is typical.

That being said, I did receive an email from Jim saying that my order was shipped. I had asked him previously to just send what he had though and not wait for that last "washer".