• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bilstein Valving

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I know I have asked this before and or seen it posted, does anyone recall the valving for current Bilstein Sport Shocks. Would also be interested if anyone recall's the valving of the '80's Bilstein "Green Dot" shocks. Dumb question, but are the rear's valved the same?

www.alpinabmw2002.com

this time i am writing down the answers.

I asked a question about valving a while back. I wanted to get more info on the "revalving" that some people claim the sports have undergone. Bavauto claims the sports are progressive and not as harsh as they used to be. I wanted to find out when this may have happened.

I spent some time with the bilstein tech support guy. He can look up the which valves were put in each shock by the year it was made. He also told me they do a redesign due to parts availability every 10 years or so.

I got my last set of bilstein sports about 8 years ago. He told me that the valve they shipped 10 years ago is the same one as today.

1968 BMW 1600 US VIN 1560713

manufactured on October 2nd, 1967

http://mybmw1600-2.blogspot.com/

probably 20 years ago, i had a set of the alpina front bilstein struts with the big brakes, and the rear upside down ones. i sent them to bilstein to have them rebuilt, and i was curious on the jounce/rebound numbers. while i have long forgotten them, i do remember that i did not like the hd bilstein at the time, because it was too bouncy, and the sports were too stiff. the valving of the alpina rears was right in between. i always thought they were perfect on my car. i forget what the fronts were, but the rears were excellent. at that time, i knew a few of the people who worked there, one of them was also a 2002 owner, and he helped me get them rebuilt

Ken Inn

I know I have asked this before and or seen it posted, does anyone recall the valving for current Bilstein Sport Shocks. Would also be interested if anyone recall's the valving of the '80's Bilstein "Green Dot" shocks. Dumb question, but are the rear's valved the same?

www.alpinabmw2002.com

You can call Bilstein... they have this stuff around.

I sent some HD's in that I had rebuilt as sports...

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Mike_B should know the answer. He had a set of Bilstein inserts for green dot Alpina front struts rebuilt. They are now sitting in my garage, along with the rear upside down setup, waiting for my new project.

70 M2 2.5L