What would cause the starter to spin slowly?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I charged the Battery, and it is at full charge. The grounds have been sanded down and are all good contacts. But my starter spins really really slow. It is having trouble turning the motor over. Should I just replace it, or is there something else Im forgetting?

Thanks

Andy Rattley

Guest Anonymous

First off just because you put the battery on the charger does not mean it has its full amp and volt load. either one being down will caus all kinds of problems. Set you charger on start and connect it to the cars battery and try and turn it over. It still may be a ground problem, run a jumper cable from the starters housing to the subframe or other BODY metal. OK if those dont work there is a bushing that goes bad in the starter its self. if you can pry out the 2 bushings and replace them that may save it. Normaly just replace.

Sam

Guest Anonymous

Apperantly I didnt look at the switch on our charger, so my battery was on a 6v charger the whole time. I used a jumper box thing, and it cranked right over. So now I guess ill go and recharge the battery on a 12v cycle.

Sorry

Andy Rattley