• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on buying a brake master cylinder

BiggyC

Sorry for the mundane question, but do I need to order anything extra when getting a new brake master cylinder? I've emailed Steve Blunt, and haven't gotten a reply. He's probably really busy or on vacation, and don't expect instant responses, but would like to order the MC quickly, because I want to drive ;) He's got good pricing, but would like to make one order, and avoid going back for a small part that's needed.

Do I need any gaskets/grommets/seals, or do they come w/ the MC? The two rubber grommets that feed lines into the MC on my car are dry rotted, and wondering if they are includedI. 've never installed one, so I'll be hitting the search like a rented mule. Thanks!

.…”Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...You've got to run like an antelope: out of control…”

- 1974 2002 Atlantikblau sunroof

Sorry for the mundane question, but do I need to order anything extra when getting a new brake master cylinder? I've emailed Steve Blunt, and haven't gotten a reply. He's probably really busy or on vacation, and don't expect instant responses, but would like to order the MC quickly, because I want to drive ;) He's got good pricing, but would like to make one order, and avoid going back for a small part that's needed.

Do I need any gaskets/grommets/seals, or do they come w/ the MC? The two rubber grommets that feed lines into the MC on my car are dry rotted, and wondering if they are includedI. 've never installed one, so I'll be hitting the search like a rented mule. Thanks!

Ive emailed you twice in reply and havent heard anything back Heres my responses.. first one sent 2 days ago

Blunt Tech Industries via gmail.com to Chris

show details Jul 18 (2 days ago)

I will always price match Tell me what you see it for elsewhere and

Ill see what I can do for you. Youll have everythiung you need

included. All there is is the o ring for the master cyl and the 2

rubber grommets Youll be all set

and then again today

Blunt Tech Industries via gmail.com to Chris

show details 11:59 AM (10 hours ago)

ok Ill send you a link to pay but you never got back to me with a price match/.

unless you want to pay 199 thats fine too lol

I havent had any other complaints with emails so I think everything is working well on my end. I rec'd 120 emails today

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

and you'll ned new plastic hose elbows that are a tight press fit

into the master gromets

and the nice brake fluid resistant "blue", or not so fancy black hose

between the master and the res. , and nice squeeze clamps for the hose

connections

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Steve, my apologies. I was emailing from one hotmail acct, expecting to get a reply from that acct. My FAQ email link points to a different email address. I've gotten both of your replies, and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks for your patience...

.…”Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...You've got to run like an antelope: out of control…”

- 1974 2002 Atlantikblau sunroof