TRIVIA QUESTION!! When did they start installing black...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

windshield wipers instead of the shiney steel ones? Winner gets a beer at carlisle on me.

I predict in 71

Ray says 74

Guest Anonymous

and as i recall, most round lights in stock condition have had silver...therefore, i say the change occurred when they went to square lights in 74 for USA and 73 for Europe. Donate my beer(s) to the gang meeting-up on East coast for Festival.///

Guest Anonymous

...silver 13" blades to silver 15" blades?"

The winner gets "bragging rights" about knowing the difference.

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

Guest Anonymous

My 74 4spd has silver. My 74 auto has black.. the auto car has a later build date... I believe they swapped mid 74

Guest Anonymous

...outsourcing/supplier errors or low inventory of "correct" parts could explain such anamolies. My USA-spec '73tii has a KPH speedometer - factory installed. A fact confirmed by the original owner.

Also, lots of things can happen between the factory in Munich and the day you pick up your shiny new '02 at the dealership in the 1970s, so even if your wipers are "original," they may or may not be "original" if you catch my drift. Cars damaged in shipment or missing pieces and parts are "subject to change."

Each '02 was basically "hand-built." These inconsistencies give each individual car its own unique character. That's why no two cars ever seem to drive, handle or respond the same.

Enjoy the differnces. If we didn't like playing in the "muddy waters" we'd all buy Hondas and swim in a swimming pool.

Cheers!

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

Guest Anonymous

stripped off. If they were Euro wiper arms, the base would be shiny chrome vs the grey finish (which is un-plated pot metal). SEM makes a black trim paint that sticks to stainless pretty well--used it on my wife's Acura trim when the black powdercoat wore off.

Mike