• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Strut Suspension

savvy

When I put weight on the front corners and try to rock the suspension, only the tires give. The suspension doesn't move at all.

When I do the same to the rear corners, it bounces like a ball.

I trust the front should give......right?

If so, any suggestion as to how I can free them up?

Thanks.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Savvy

'65 BMW 1600 4dr-not quite road worthy, but closer

'34 Ford Fordor Deluxe Sedan-currently being rehabbed

'03 Acura TL

'92 Toyota Land Cruiser

Your front shocks are fubar, and unfortunately are NLA - guess they must be rusted solid - has it been sitting for a very long time?

You need to find some NOS (I am assuming you still have the correct early style struts with the strut bearing that sticks through the inner wing 02 styley, later style sit below the inner wing).

Or convert to later style struts, but that also means changing your front brakes as well.

The rear shocks also sound buggered - I think they're NLA too (they have a shorter travel than the later ones).

Not what you wanted to hear I expect.

Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Your front shocks are fubar, and unfortunately are NLA - guess they must be rusted solid - has it been sitting for a very long time?

You need to find some NOS (I am assuming you still have the correct early style struts with the strut bearing that sticks through the inner wing 02 styley, later style sit below the inner wing).

Or convert to later style struts, but that also means changing your front brakes as well.

The rear shocks also sound buggered - I think they're NLA too (they have a shorter travel than the later ones).

Not what you wanted to hear I expect.

Nick

I had the same issues with NLA parts. So, I just sent my struts to Ground Control and they worked their magic. Boom! All new adjustable height suspension. Now I have to make the time to mount it on the car.

Ah yes, I remember someone mentioned a set of Boges earlier. Couldn't remember who.

I see the price went up.

Since my rangie is in the middle of a heart transplant, I'm sans auto.

What would be the price with shipping to 94618.

Cheers!!

Cheers!

Savvy

'03 Acura TL

'92 Toyota Land Cruiser

How about $375 +shipping.

Your delivery option is appreciated, but unless you actually need to come here, shipping is fine....the brown truck visits my office daily.

Cheers!!

Cheers!

Savvy

'03 Acura TL

'92 Toyota Land Cruiser