Turn signal, and radio issues....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0059 resized.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

Hi all,

My 76 is doing strange things. The other day, when I turned my signals on, I heard a fairly loud "thunk" through the speakers. Didn't think much of it at the time, but it's gotten much worse today.

I turned the signals on, and got lots of horrid noises through my speakers, and the little lights on my radio were flashing with the signals. I shut the signal off, and of course, the noise went away. I shut the radio off, and tried the signals again, but this time, they didn't work at all. When I tried to turn the radio on, it didn't work either.

I figured I blew a fuse, but then signals, and radio started working again. Now it's become intermittent. Of course now, when I want to troubleshoot it, everything is working fine. Anyone have any obvious ideas to check?

BTW, I've got a 1975 Blaupunkt am/fm cassette. Its power is coming from the factory pigtail at the hazard switch. Also, my hazard lights have been working fine this whole time.

Thanx,

Al

Guest Anonymous

Including the negative lead on the battery, and any other brown wire terminating at a ground point, and at the turn signal assemblies. Also your radio's grounds perhaps.

Cheers,

Ray

Guest Anonymous

ignition switch. There's obviously some feedback from the transistorized turn signal circuit into your radio--possibly from a bad ground, as has been pointed out.

Post what you find.

Mike