taking a coffee break from stripping floor pan..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

....and I could write a book on better ways to spend a Saturday. At the top of the list would be some activity that involved not much clothing. Near the bottom of the list, and just above the aforementioned floor resto, would be a tooth extraction w/o novacaine. The dry ice certainly took care of the most of it but that's just the beginning. There's the brushed on seam sealer-it's everywhere. There's tar like substance-huge mess-kerosene buzz as we speak. Spray on adhesive anyone? I'm not sure where the factory left off and the po began but either way I can not wait until I'm done with this. Thanks for letting me vent:)

Guest Anonymous

You are such a lucky guy. Not amny are fortunate enough to get to do this job. Look at the poor CA guys. They don't know what a great time they are missing. I recommend the 3M Tar & Adhesive remover. Great stuff and really takes care of the sealant residue. Much, much better buzz than Kero. For the sealnat a couple wood chisels (1/4 & 1/2) give the the control and power to get the sealant off. Especially against the rocker sides. Remember, you are a lucky guy! I keep telling you that because I have to finish my pans also and I need the correct frame of mind. Oh, one other tool for the spot welds. A wurth bit #710-008 is just right. I just bought a couple old issues of Bimmer mag. One of them has an article in replacing '02 floor pans. E me your fax # and I forward to you.